Roost Shooting

ollie

Well went this evening to a small wood to try a spot of roost shooting. I managed to shoot 5 pigeons (although I lost 1 in heavy cover). I only missed 1 bird all evening, but I could have had a dozen only some shots weren't safe as there is a road nearby.

post-21-0-51093000-1291222433.jpg

Nice wee bag fella,but whats that green and brown stuff in the picture? :hmm:

Yes a nice wee bag off doo's or cushies, or whatever you call them :lol: . Are you serious? It's grass, we haven't had too much snow down on the low land, but still a good covering on the mountains. The gun is sitting against a whin bush.

Yes a nice wee bag off doo's or cushies, or whatever you call them :lol: . Are you serious? It's grass, we haven't had too much snow down on the low land, but still a good covering on the mountains. The gun is sitting against a whin bush.

I am serious Ollie.we have up to 18 inches and there is no greenery at all showing.No neaps shaws,nothing.

Well went this evening to a small wood to try a spot of roost shooting. I managed to shoot 5 pigeons (although I lost 1 in heavy cover). I only missed 1 bird all evening, but I could have had a dozen only some shots weren't safe as there is a road nearby.

post-21-0-51093000-1291222433.jpg

Nice woodies and nice Wood on the gun, well done

bakerboy

Don't worry mate I own one in 20g, cracking guns :good:

Mine hasn't skipped a beat in the last 6 years. I never take out the O/U anymore.

The dross they are claiming to be "playing" can hardly be classed as football fella.Im a hoops man anyway,and hoping they pump the sheep ********.

Good man :good: , although I wouldn't class myself as a Celtic fan I would rather them than the other side of Glasgow :lol: . Scottish football is in a terrible state though.

Good man :good: , although I wouldn't class myself as a Celtic fan I would rather them than the other side of Glasgow :lol: . Scottish football is in a terrible state though.

I agree.Both sides of the divide are dire on and off the pitch,and the refs are a disgrace full stop.As has been quoted all SPL matches are off and it looks as though it could be a whiteout for the whole Scottish card.

I agree.Both sides of the divide are dire on and off the pitch,and the refs are a disgrace full stop.As has been quoted all SPL matches are off and it looks as though it could be a whiteout for the whole Scottish card.

It's about time they brought in a winter break. Come January some of the pitches (I'm looking at you motherwell) aren't even close to being fit to play football on. They'd be far better off starting the season earlier so the clubs are sharper come European qualifiers...