Photos

dogfox

you got a couple of chubby foxes there mate. nice pics looks good land

cheers mate,

We do have a load of big fattys here, lamped up 10 the other night, they werent having any of it though and legged it, ill get them saturday night ;)

i use Fiocchi 38gn High Velocity rounds in .22lr, the pic with no mod on the gun was when i was using subs, had that vixen at 55yards

Good photos :good::good:

What range and what cartidges did you use for the foxes shot with the shotgun?

Is there a shooting ban in your club?

it was a number 4 eley,

nope there are no bans at the moment, lamped up 17 foxes tonight, only had 1 though that was sat in front of the jeep like a dope! saw more charlie than bunnies!

• 2 weeks later...

If your confident in yourself and your gun,that you can kill them cleanly you can shoot them where you want.

Where would you of shot it?

because with a .22lr with a round that doesn't expand much a neck shot is more likely to result in injury, as the OP has posted it was meant to be a head shot and that is why its a bad idea. One thing if you're using a centrefire with a fast fragmenting bullet but not with a LR, its a recipe for leaving badly injured animals about the countryside

because with a .22lr with a round that doesn't expand much a neck shot is more likely to result in injury, as the OP has posted it was meant to be a head shot and that is why its a bad idea. One thing if you're using a centrefire with a fast fragmenting bullet but not with a LR, its a recipe for leaving badly injured animals about the countryside

I understand what your saying, i didnt realise at the time of my post the OP was not aiming where he shot.

So if you were using a .22lr where would you of shot it?

Most of us wouldnt use a .22lr at that range, even with high velocities. I wouldnt have the confidence in the round, that doesnt mean that the op doesnt have the ability to do it, i just have a hmr and .222 that would be far more efficient. The furthest Ive taken foxes with the .22 is around 70 yards. :hmm:

kinda pointless comment, we use hi velocity rounds, they still have more than enough enrgy at that range to take a fox down, as we have found on more than 1 occasion.

we were confident that we could make the shot, we took it, and it resulted ina clean humane kill,

Personally i dont see what the problem is, as if we werent confident we wouldnt have taken the shot.

another one from last night, a little further than the last one, roughly 175yds.

wouldnt come in any further, applied same method as before, aim 3, 2, 1, fire, 2 simultaneous headshots from my cz and my mates 10/22, both using HV rounds.

Dropped like a rock,

now for all who for dont believe that a .22 can do this, why would i bother posting it when i know from experience on this site how thick people can get when they hear or see something that they cant believe,

i didnt believe it myself until i saw it the first time, and since then it has worked every time, no inhumane kills and no get aways.

best,

DF

post-5345-0-59084000-1293043142.jpg

Edited by dogfox