Polish

Pedro

I saw the heading "Polish" and thought, "Oh No, not another Immigrant thread and in the wrong place". :lol:

Damn the English language and its duplicate spelling system. :P

I don't polish my gun stocks, a wipe with a lightly oiled cloth suits me, but I have used clear beeswax on one or two stocks, just to refresh them.

GM, when the old man was up the other day he was absolutely insistant on using oil all over the place and cleaning the barrel after every use. I explained to him the general advice on here about not cleaning the barrel very often, but he disagreed. I think I'm going to clean it "infrequently", but I'm not sure about the rest of it? Any advice?

P

Pedro, this is an old chestnut and one that will create disagreement as long as there are rifle owners. I don’t clean any rimfire rifle until it shows signs of losing accuracy, which could be as many as 1000 rounds.

As for oil all over the place; too much oil can seep into the wood and rot it so do be careful. This includes any solvent which can drip down into the bedding area and cause problems, so if you do want to clean your barrel ever time you shoot turn the rifle on its side and allow the solvent to run out of the side of the action. :lol:

G.M.

Cranfield,

People from Poland are Polish. The stuff used to shine things is polish! Now you can see the problems with the innappropriate use of the capital letter!! :lol::P

Pedro used the capital "P" appropriately in his heading, which is what I referred to.

Don't you think you are getting a bit anal about capital letters ? :P

For your information, there is only one "n" in inappropriate. :beer::beer:

Cranfield,

The second N was a genuine typo. I do know how to spell and I don`t use inappropriate upper case letters!! I`ll be as anal as I like over the correct use of English grammar.

Of course I doubt if you would think that your eccentric, and idiosyncratic, misuse of capital letters is at all anal.

Edited by invector

You don`t have to believe me, Cranfield. You can take the boy out of the grammar school, but you can`t take the grammar school out of the boy.

Mmm, now really that’s grammatically incorrect. What it should have read was-

You don’t have to believe me Cranfield, but you can take the boy out of the grammar school whereas you can’t take the grammar out of the boy.

Much more fluent, and readable.

Also noticed that you used the wrong sort of punctuating marks in “don’t” and “can’t”.

Now can we just get back to posting about shooting, and leave all this spelling and grammar bull$hit to Guntrader and co. :yp: :thumbs: :lol::lol:

G.M.