hunting crows

wap

i have never tried this out but will hopefully give it ago next time i go out and shoot a bunny. people say slit it open and leave it slit slide up and make sure its upwards facing eye is open(they like those)

i am sure there are others who can give you better advice than this. :unsure:

i to am interested to hear the replies

I have just (10 mins ago) discovered this tactic: hide on the outside of a field with cows or cow poo in it, then the crows and rooks will fly in and eat the poo! And bang you have one in the bag. i was not wearing cammo just behind small dead tree but i supose cammo would help. Once you have shot one leave it there and then all is so called friends wil come and peck at it and so the pile gets bigger and bigger! Good luck reply with if this method worked just intrested!!

as sean's aware i bought a flapper from deako intentionaly for using it with dead woodie's after having quite resonable success i noticed the corvid's were getting awfully close to it & seemed to be v.intrested in the movement.

i decided on my next outing i'd try it on it's own,thus i set out equiped with 1no. flapper,1 pecking crow and a young rabbit from the day before.

placing all the deeks not 40 yds from my hide i waited, things went slow at first and then like turning a tap on the action started.

crow after crow flew over the field a couple of clicks with the remote on the flapper and they could not resist, no hesitation or caution as the crow's usualy fly ,they were suicidle.

ended the day on 37 crow's,4 magpie's and a rook. BRILLIANT.

regards mark

• 2 weeks later...

Stalk a field that has just been muck spreaded in the last couple of days and you should find plenty of jaks crows and rooks. But bear in mind they seem to always have a scouting crow on top of a wall or fence to keep an eye out so keep tight into a wall. A good method is to crawl to a gap or a fence or even a gate and shoot em from there as they will pick you out from perching on top of a wall to easily

Good hunting

Pigeon Hunter