FUD

kevinbird

I ordered two sets of fud pigeon decoys on the 27/10/2010 from decoying.co and they finaly arrived today :mad: . why do they advertise and take your money if they havn't got the dam things :hmm: . anyway i hope to try them at the weekend. has anyone got any tips apart from buy them from somewhere else :lol: many thanks , kev :good:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were lucky to get anyting from those b......s ! They got £40 out of me and sent me nothing..8 months ago.

I keep warning people about them ,,deal with them at your peril !!.....Anyway the Fud product is quite good, i have used them often..(Pigeon),that is..Good luck m8.

Good advice about taking something to knock the spikes in with. :good:

The only thing i've done with mine is paint the white flashes with some UV paint. Not sure if it makes much difference to the birds, but you can certainly see them from further off or in poor light.

I did the same and worked better than before ,I got pigeons landing and stuting around before they were shot.

I've just bought some second hand and hoping to try them tomorrow. They look pretty good but I've re-painted the white parts and I may add a yellow iris as the eyes look a bit dead. They do look a bit small and dark but they take up much less space than shells, and they won't chip.

I was thinking of placing them slightly side-on to the wind so approaching birds don't see thin 2D heads and the dark foam edging, good idea or just pointless?

There were quite a few at a Boot Fair I went to some weeks ago and some of the local Gunshops are carrying adverts on their boards for S/H ones.

The ones at the Boot Fair (on 4 separate stalls) did look very tatty though, which makes me wonder just how well they stand up to regular, rigourous use.

I have never been impressed at the single dimension picture they present and at the price they sell, I don't fancy the gamble in trying them.

A friend had some the other week, and next to other decoys in the pattern they looked small and because of there design still, you get no movement from them at all. I agree they are a bit of a nack to set them up.

The birds where not playing that day either with cold fog about kept pushing flight lines about so got allot of time to look at them. We thought by the end of the day the silosocks stood out more and moved even in the stillest air.

Dose any one have any thought s on mixed decoys types in a pattern? I never had an issue and was putting **** day down to **** weather?

There were quite a few at a Boot Fair I went to some weeks ago and some of the local Gunshops are carrying adverts on their boards for S/H ones.

The ones at the Boot Fair (on 4 separate stalls) did look very tatty though, which makes me wonder just how well they stand up to regular, rigourous use.

I have never been impressed at the single dimension picture they present and at the price they sell, I don't fancy the gamble in trying them.

I suppose it depends how well you look after your gear. I had a few flocked decoys, which weren't cheap. After a couple of trips, the flock was peeling off. Not a happy bunny :angry:

I've been using FUDs for about a year now, starting with 6, and then bought another 6 a few months back. Easily the most successful decoys i've used, having previously used unflocked shells, flocked full bodied and Air-Pro (awful).

I quite like them, but not sure how long they will last. I have already had to replace an eye rivet and I wonder if the picture sides will start to come away from the main body eventually. That said, they were really effective when I used them on drillings and the two-dimensial factor doesn't seem to bother the birds as they do look realistic. Everything wears out eventually, my shells are showing signs of wear too. FUDs are expensive but I have used just the six with great effect so I would say they are worth the money.

Never use deeks anymore dead birds in cradles ,bouncers and sometimes the magnet ....but mightmarner offcourse deeks can be the decideing factor in a good day and bad day ,,,,,if you are decoying and there not right you wont fire a shot but what I will say is even if you have the best pattern in the world and your hide isnt right if the birds see you they will not come in

Never use deeks anymore dead birds in cradles ,bouncers and sometimes the magnet ....but mightmarner offcourse deeks can be the decideing factor in a good day and bad day ,,,,,if you are decoying and there not right you wont fire a shot but what I will say is even if you have the best pattern in the world and your hide isnt right if the birds see you they will not come in

Spot on. Remember the great Archie Coats only ever used dead birds and some stuffed ones, and sometimes none at all, just relying on his research where the birds were.

Got some fuds earlier this year from a supplier that has had a bit of stick recently... anyway was wondering if anybody who has used them has modified them at all? painting the eyes yellow or a spot of uv paint or something like that, seen a few people attaching them to spring sticks to add movement :hmm: Find them a bit shiny may need to be left out to weather a bit

I normally start with the fuds then add dead birds as they become available, in combination with the magnet and a good hide i find them fine to use, better than some half shells i used before, they werent flocked though

Spicer