FUD

kevinbird

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a set of FUDs and a stealth camo net from ############## on 25/11. I phoned on 8/12 and they said they had been sent on 6/12.... I still haven't received them. From some of your comments I am getting worried - anybody else had problems with them????

I'm going to call again tomorrow and see what excuse they come up. Postage was £9.50 so I was expecting them within a few days of the order...!

I ordered a set of FUDs and a stealth camo net from ############## on 25/11. I phoned on 8/12 and they said they had been sent on 6/12.... I still haven't received them. From some of your comments I am getting worried - anybody else had problems with them????

I'm going to call again tomorrow and see what excuse they come up. Postage was £9.50 so I was expecting them within a few days of the order...!

Do a searh mate :good:

i paid them by credit card and i had to threaten them and say that i was going to claim it back from the card company :sly: . this causes the card companies to do an investigation and they could loose their card facilities for the shop wich could be disaster for a mail order company.my stuff arrived the following day. ten weeks in total. they are a shower of ****. if anyone reads this post, do not use them at all. kev :good:

Got my FUDs and camo net today after 5 phone calls to chase them up. Ordered on 24/11 and arrived 15/12 - longer than expected from a company with a large website but I'm just happy they have arrived!

I ordered a Stealth 'Ghost' Woodland Camo Net - the cardboard sign in the packet reads 'Decoy Luxus Camo Netting'.

All the searches I have done for a Stealth net match with the one I have but the cardboard label has thrown me a little - I want to make sure that I have the right one. Any ideas?

Viewing the net inside it appears pretty much see through - I'm hoping this is normal and it will appear better in natural light when outside....

• 4 weeks later...

I have used many types of decoys over the years, the old flexicoys used to be the rage at one time. I still have some but I don't rate them so much these days. I think if they made them in a feeding position instead of all heads up it would help. I have shells, sillosocks etc and they will all work on the right day. I tend now to use dead birds only. I have a second hand freezer that I keep the birds in. I select a dozen good conditioned birds from the days bag and take a small crate to keep them in to avoid them getting duffed up amongst the other gear in the back of the wagon. Once home I tie them in pairs with a thin string around the neck as you would gamebirds. I then carefully place them full length out on their backs in the freezer in a wire basket tray. This is important so as the birds do not get caked in ice etc as it will make them look shabby when you thaw them. The morning before I am going shooting I remove the decoy birds from the freezer and hang them in pairs by the strings so as they can thaw out and what little ice they may have picked up in the freezing progress can run off and this keeps the birds in top condition and dry. When they are totally thawed they are put in the crate to transport to the field. It sounds a bit of poncing about but it is worth it.I see people put them in carrier bags etc and they end up soggy and shabby looking, The most natural decoy is a real bird and in good condition there is no better. Another tip is to clip off the feet with a sharp knife or scissors, this makes it easy to recognise the already frozen birds when picking up at the end of the day. If the conditions are right you can get two or three trips with the same birds. I also do similar with the pair for the magnet.

I am probably preaching to the converted but in case a novice should read this, another tip is to track down an old bicycle wheel and remove the spokes, these make great pegs to prop up the birds head, by pushing one end under the birds chin and into the head it will hold the head nicely and allow you to present a good realistic decoy. Despite all this, as it has been said many times on here, the fieldcraft in finding the flightlines and setting up in the right place is the most important factor to a successful day. Good Shooting All.

• 1 month later...

My boss bought and paid for 2 of them terminator floaters from that company on the 6/01/11 still not here so he keeps ringing them and they must of said they have been dispatched about 10 times on different occasions. What a bunch of ******* they really are when he phoned today one of them said it was paul he was speaking to and they would ring him back. You guessed it no call so he phoned them back and said he spoke to paul this morning he said you carn't of he's been left 3 month. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I am having trouble with this lot, they do not answer emails, they do not return calls when they say they will, they certainly have

not sent my goods yet. my order was placed on the 29th dec 2010. money out of the bank on the 31st dec 2010. I have been told many lies

and given many promises and still nothing. I paid by visa debit card, i have now instructed my bank to make a chargeback against this company

and would suggest anyone else who has paid by credit or debit card to also talk to their bank about chargeback. the bank will send you 1 simple

form for you to fill in. attach any documents you have regarding your purchase. list the phone calls, times and dates if possible you have made and any comments you have had from these people, also copies of any emails you have sent, you probably will not have copies of replies as they do not reply to emails. once these peoples bank start to get these chargeback claims I am sure they will be getting pretty upset with this crew from wigan.

I have also flown into this company's decoy pattern and taken a face full of their retail 6 shot. Unbelievable to deal with.

Great advice from kevinbird and others about claiming from the credit card company. In essence it seems you have to wait for 28 days and then you can claim for "Non delivery of goods". I thought about trying to get a refund but the guy from the credit card said that I would then need an email/letter from the company saying that I was entitled to a refund...which I would not be holding my breath for.

I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered. Avoid these people :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Wobbler

Oh dear! They are still up to their old tricks......... I waited over three months after paying for two packs of FUD decoys berore I received them. This was after threatening to report them to police for criminal deception. They are a bunch of chancers who should not be tolerated by this site or anyoe else. They should remember that this is a small country and may have to come face to face with their dissatisfied customers.

Members may like to know that the firm taking so much flak (rightly so) over deliveries etc on this site have had their advertising refused by BASC 'until they can demonstrate that they are able to meet their commitments to their customers.'

Why are they still displaying the BASC Trade Member logo on their website ?

Thats what people see and gives them confidence to order.

Members may like to know that the firm taking so much flak (rightly so) over deliveries etc on this site have had their advertising refused by BASC 'until they can demonstrate that they are able to meet their commitments to their customers.'

Thats right,

Theres a small article about it in the new BASC magazine, it reads,

''Since October 2010 BASC has received a number of complaints from members about the service provided by decoying UK.As a result,until decoying UK have demonstrated that they are able to meet their commitments to customers we will not be accepting their advertisements in Shooting and Conservation. Any reader in dispute with decoying UK should contact Consumer Direct on 08454 040506 for advice.Trading standards officers in Wigan,where the company is based are monitoring the situation.''

I have also flown into this company's decoy pattern and taken a face full of their retail 6 shot. Unbelievable to deal with.

Yeah me too, it's a wonder how the companys still trading.

With the gift of hindsight I wish I had done a bit of homework on them before odering from them in the first place. :oops:

Wandering around the Newark shooting show on Sunday I noticed there was a lot of interest in stands selling pigeon shooting gear, the exception seemed to be this particular company every time I went past their stand it seemed pretty devoid of punters. :yes: