Buying a tikka... which one?

gibby

25 members have voted

1. 1. Buying a tikka... which one?

• Tikka T3 Laminated
    • Tikka T3 Hunter

I'm stuck between the 2, would like peoples opinions, any one got one?

T3 Hunter :thumbs: T3 laminated

Which one do you think looks nicest?

Gibby

www.tikka.fi

If you go on there and look at the rifles all models are listed

Below is the laminated.

post-18-1139833879.gif

Edited by gibby

Meopta 3-12x56,Tikka mounts.I have a 595 in.222 and it does the biz and to all intents and purposes,except cosmetics,is a sako.I went for the varmint blued in 6.5x55 and saw it in gun mart(sportsman G.C.)£40 cheaper but it may have cost that to get here.

£561 & £655 are the prices quoted for what your after.

EDIT - I thought I`d had this conversation before :*)

Old age is a bitch :thumbs:

If it looks, as you first stated - Laminated

If it is to carry - the Lite

The Lite will suit all weathers and lighter to carry. Personal I like the laminated but I am going to but the Lite.

Laminated will be less likly to twist the the Hunter (wood) in various weathers. But is still is wood and can move plus it is heavier.

Becaus ei am going to be stalking i have decided i will proabably have to forfit the heavy barrel... mistake?

Gibby

Heavy barrel is better for shots in quick sucession, as the normal barrel will warm up quite quickly. So handy for range days, or body building, but not a lot else.

For stalking I would go for ABS/Stainless or ABS/Blue, I don't know what combo's they do these days, personally I would forget about fancy wood on rifle that is going to work for a living.

As for laminate, I bought a Laminate/Stainless 695 and took the laminate stock off after one trip to Scotland, as it was getting knocked about and weighs a bloody ton.

I got offered and ABS one for 25 quid so the Laminate sits in a cupboard at home, while I decide if I am ever going to use it or not...

Even though the T3 stock looks and sounds horrible it does have some stands of glass in it. The master plastic stocks are just that, plastic, they sound and look better but I doubt if they are any better.

If they move about it would be through extreme temperature change, not water ingress which is what you are more likely to be up against in the UK :thumbs:

You can't beat a nice piece of wood .............Simply sand away a few thou of material to ensure the Barrel is free of any contact and then if your really keen remove wood from the action area and using resin or chemical metal proceed to then bed the action in .

If I may say these are hunting guns NOT Olympic Class Target rifles ......Most of your shooting will be around 100 yds with 200yd + on the odd occasion any way .

Wood adds a unique Character and brings a gun to Life in my opinion for what it is worth .

Ive

i must say Gemini thats a nice looking rifle...

It is, but the bench could do with some TLC though mate! :D

You’re not the first person to point that out. :D

The rifle set me back £670, but that was bought from a local shop so it could be bought cheaper from one of the bigger dealers.

That scope was an Opti-mate and the rings are Warne (best rings in the world as far as I’m concerned).

That scope proved to be a bit disappointing due to poor optics, so it has since been replaced with a Weaver 3-9X50, which I am very pleased with.

The wood has also darkened down quite a bit since that butt-pad was fitted and looks a little better.

I’ll take another photo as soon as the weather brightens up a bit. :D

G.M.