robbing insurance companys

silpig5

had renewal through yesterday for my 2001 td5 disco .

me and the mrs , both cleanllicence , me 7 year ncd .

this year they said 691 .

a bit steep i thought , as last year was low 500 .

had a quick look on the annoying go compare site , and most other companys where coming in with same cover at sub 400

then i saw a quote from cis , my insures ,for 416 !!! the same cover as ive got !

a strong call will be had on monday , i know the net has less admin blah blah blah ,but if the answer is wrong tomorrow , they wont just loose me , but the inlaws too as we all use coop .

cheaky barstools

adi

maybe because your coming upto 70 and less insurers want you .... :P

serious tho they hope people forget about it and just renew ..they give more discount to "new business" to attract new customers...personally give them a ring monday and say it x on the net with them but company Y is about £25 cheaper than that...sure they dont want to lose a customer :good:

I had this with that red phone company this year. Renewal on the BMW landed on my mat and was just shy of 700quid (I'm still young so get stung with insurance). Nearly chocked on my coffee when I read it especialy seen as last year it was ONLY 580.

Was well hacked off so fired up the laptop and went on 'that site', you know, with him you would not tire of punshing in the face! They all came in at between 550 and 600 so that got me thinking. So I went direct to the red phone site, as their not on price comparison sites :-)

after filling the form in they came back with a quote of 630. 70quid cheaper than the letter I had from them in front of

me claiming to be their cheapest price. In my usual calm manner this led me to reach right for the phone. I explained the above to them and they said it's a new customer price so I can have it. So, I said don't bother with the renawal then I won't be a customer anymore then I'll be able to take the new customer discount again. Their answer was- well, errr technicaly yes you can do that. But by this point my patience had worn this and I told em where to shove it

Bottom line- loyalty means nothing to them so vote with your feet!

This is the first year for a long time that I've stayed with the same insurers.

It's always been cheaper to change. Technically it would have been this year too but the cheapest quote wanted 2 months payment up front and as my renewal from the original company was only pence more each month I stayed with them.

If it's a big difference I would change, especially if 'the phone call' doesn't get the desired result.

Insurance companies are just a necessary evil in my book!!

GH

Guest rimotu66

Have you tried NFU ? I have been with them for a few years now and you get loyalty discount, my 96 Disco comes in at just under £300 F/C.Great service and you speak to your local agent and not a computer :good:

I have just gone through this with insurance, last year my insurance was 610 this year they quoted me 890 d-id the compare sites and they were around 800. the wifes car is 300odd a year so i thought sod it and got a trade policy it was 1150 for any car fully comp, high i know but next year i should see a 50 percent discount with 1 year under my belt.

just a update

i can honestly say it was a pleasure to talk to a nice english lady at the cis office this morning.

rang them and went straight to the " i want to leave the coop option .

explained that i know about the new customer incentives and all that , but i want to be a loyal customer and the coop just take the mick .

she said she understands but cant match the new customer gimmicks . my reply was i dont want the hassle of setting up a new direct debit with another firm i just want you to reconise the fact i want to be loyal.

she said she had never had such a laid back customer and would see what she could trim . waived the credit charge 59quid, dropped the breakdown charge but kept the cover 39 quid and gave a customer loyaltie discount of 30 quid . total of 128 quid . which i said thank you for accepting the fact i am loyal (and lazy) please send me my new renewal and im staying !!

just shows whata differance a call can make .

adi

is that off the £416 or the renewal price?? :look:

thats off the original renewal price . when i looked into the new deal the cover was slightly differant and not in my favour , so , as im a lazy *** who likes the easy way out i took their new price , which makes it nearly the same as last years price .

Try this one :angry: I get a quote for myself as the main driver and my wife as second driver for a discovery tdi me 32 years no claims the wife 12 years no claims,the quote comes back in my name from DL at 672.60 fully comp bells and whistles etc,the wife then tries the same site in her name with her as main driver and me as second driver you guessed it 471.40 :sly: over 200 quid cheaper and still cant find out why other than the girl we spoke to said its down to different promotions they have at the time,we then go to a well known site and best I can get in my name for both of us is still over 460 quid and the wife in her name for both of us gets a quote from the same company at 283 :oops: work that one out.

ambuse this guys soz but i renewed no long ago for my swb shogun ...no claims and use her only for out shooting ....thought to my self i only need legal cover so typed in 3 party only as we used to get 3rd p years ago for our first m/bikes ,dirt cheap ??????????

70 quid dearer than fully comp ***??????that has got to be against sometype of consumer s rights .

:/:hmm::sly:

The insurance companies slash their prices to the bone in Year 1 to get the business and they bank on making their bucks in year 2 when people automatically and blindly renew.

The CIS are a good company to go with because they are more user friendly and more likely to cough up if you have to claim. It's the poopy cheap Lloyds syndicates that are mega cheap but will repudiate a policy at the first opportunity e.g. non standard tyres / wheels.

had renewal through yesterday for my 2001 td5 disco .

me and the mrs , both cleanllicence , me 7 year ncd .

this year they said 691 .

a bit steep i thought , as last year was low 500 .

had a quick look on the annoying go compare site , and most other companys where coming in with same cover at sub 400

then i saw a quote from cis , my insures ,for 416 !!! the same cover as ive got !

a strong call will be had on monday , i know the net has less admin blah blah blah ,but if the answer is wrong tomorrow , they wont just loose me , but the inlaws too as we all use coop .

cheaky barstools

adi

I had much the same situation as you with my insurance company. They quoted me something like £355 when my renewal came up yet when I went on a comparison web site I found that they were offering the same policy for £244. When I phoned and asked them about this they said that it was because the web site recognised me as a new customer and as such there were "certain bonuses". The girl I spoke to said that if I was quick I could take this pffer up as long as I did it on line and paid the first installment (I pay on a monthly payment plan) by my debit card on line at the same time. I did this and saved myself around 30%. Since then they have made a bit of a c0ck up on my direct debit so (as I had got out of bed on the wrong side that morning) I phoned them and told them that it wasn't on and that there were plenty of other insurance companies out there that I could go to - This got my payments reduced by another £4.50 per month which takes me down below the £200 mark, not bad seeming the original quote from that company was £355!

• 3 weeks later...

i bought a freelander and changed my car on the policy,budget said they had to cancel my policy as they dont insure provisional drivers[our lass]on freelanders but they did on the astra i had and then had the neck to say i owe them 120 for cancelling when they cancelled not me.so i told them im not paying for something i didnt cancel so they tried to get a debt colection company to get the money off me so i told them they are getting nowt to.why should you pay for something you havnt cancelled when the company has.

You think thats bad I asked my dad if he could get a price for my 4x4 pick-up under his name for the business

he is in his 60s with LOADS of N.C.D married living in a very good area of town.

the cheapest he could get is £550+

You many think thats good with a 28 year old on there as well (me)

BUT I am also insured on the 7.5 tonne lorry and the 3.5 tonne drop side tipper

and both those are fully comp and to two prices together don't come near the

quote of the 4x4 also they are both much more powerful couple that with

the 4x4 is 2.5 tonne tops 2.5 litres

the drop side is 3.5 tonnes 3.1 litres

and the lorry up to 7.5 tonnes-over 6 litres

They are taking the **** now and they really are hitting the 4x4s