Mole trap

sean johnston

Moles are small mammals that live underground and surface only occasionally. They have very poor sight and feed mainly on worms and insect larvae that they find by the sense of touch. They are black in colour and grow between 11cm and 16cm in length.

Hi neil.Basically the nooses go through the end holes on the barrel of the trap and into the grooves and then they are pasted in with soil.Then you compress the sprung arm and pass the nylon with the knot in the end through the central hole and jam it in lightly with a v shaped hazel twig.When the trap is set in the mole run the mole passes through the trap and pushes the twig out then basically it's dead.Sometimes they are crafty though,if they smell your scent they simply turn round in the tunnel and backfill your trap with soil,most annoying. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
:huh::devil::lol::lol::lol::P:P:huh: I have set out barrel and scissors for the past 6 years and only caught 120+ but i got a qwid for each from farmer M so im a happy chappy. But there was one time that when i was out fishing for carp on the canal and wat swam past yep it was a mole so i netted it and i diddnt know what to do with it so i put it on a persons land who refused me shooting rights as he is an anti (so he loves other animals why shouldnt he moles) :/:lol: