Clay shooting Lincolnshire

vmobiler1

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any clay shooting venue`s in lincolnshire?

I live in louth and obviously happy to travel within reason, dont wanna be traveling hrs.

ATB

V

There is a club at kirton linsey, thats a clay club.

I belong to a shooting club at reepham we have a clay trap that is getting more and more use.

Hope this helps.

ATB Clynt.

just had a very quick look

Lincolnshire

Grimsthorpe Estate Shooting Ground

near Edenham.

Sporting.

Tel: (01778) 591128

Lincolnshire Shooting Ground

Sutton Bridge.

Sporting, Skeet, ABT, Sportrap, tower, tuition, restaurant, corporate.

Tel: (01406) 359300 or (01945) 700622

www.lincolnshireshootingground.co.uk

Pinewood Shooting Ground

near Gainsborough.

Sporting, Skeet, DTL, OT, D/T, Compact.

Tel: (01427) 628900.

www.pinewood-sg.fsnet.co.uk

Sinclairs Shooting Ground

Whaplode Drove,

near Holbeach.

Skeet, Sporting, Compact, ABT & DTL. Open Weds-Sun, all year round.

Tel: (01406) 540362.

Edited by Ian E

just had a very quick look

Lincolnshire

Grimsthorpe Estate Shooting Ground

near Edenham.

Sporting.

Tel: (01778) 591128

Lincolnshire Shooting Ground

Sutton Bridge.

Sporting, Skeet, ABT, Sportrap, tower, tuition, restaurant, corporate.

Tel: (01406) 359300 or (01945) 700622

www.lincolnshireshootingground.co.uk

Pinewood Shooting Ground

near Gainsborough.

Sporting, Skeet, DTL, OT, D/T, Compact.

Tel: (01427) 628900.

www.pinewood-sg.fsnet.co.uk

Sinclairs Shooting Ground

Whaplode Drove,

near Holbeach.

Skeet, Sporting, Compact, ABT & DTL. Open Weds-Sun, all year round.

Tel: (01406) 540362.

Thanks fella but I have already done "a quick look" this as its easy to find the big well advertised clubs. The closest one in that lot is over an hours drive and I know there will be smaller local clubs that lads on here either know about or even use.

Would be better if someone from lincs area replied like some of the lads above have done, they know the clubs and smaller no so well known places.

Thanks for your help

Anyone more local with better knowledge of the local clubs???

The Ancholme Valley clay ground at Kirton Lindsey closed earlier this year.

Pinewood at Blyton,near Gainsborough may be within striking distance.

http://www.pinewoodsg.co.uk/

Vic.

Cheers Vic,

Yeah it is a good setup there plenty to go at and nice friendly people, I went a couple of weeks ago. I will use this again but it on the outer limit of my travelling bein just over an hours drive.

I know there must be more local clubs the even just "straw bale" setups or whatever people call them.

Thanks

V

hia vic

there is a clay shoot at nettleton just outside caistor..its at the back of the caravan site on the nettleton kelsey rd

a friendly place to shoot

also one at north coates just outside marshchapel.. i have not been here but hear its ok

cheers

ells

• 3 weeks later...

hia vic

there is a clay shoot at nettleton just outside caistor..its at the back of the caravan site on the nettleton kelsey rd

a friendly place to shoot

also one at north coates just outside marshchapel.. i have not been here but hear its ok

cheers

ells

Is the Nettleton ground members only? Any more details/contact phone no would be great, it's nice to try somewhere new.

I've been to the one at North Coates - really friendly and informal atmosphere, it is also a rifle range up to .50 apparently, but I am not too sure of details, being only an SGC holder. From the clay point of view, it is limited, only about 10 traps max, in quite a small area, but if you want a laid back chat and a nice bacon butty, and just a bit of general clay practice for an hour, it is a lovely scruffy old-fashined sort of place - great!

My main ground is Pinewood, nice people and a fairly broad spectrum of targets, well worth a visit.

Edited by Bloke

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any clay shooting venue`s in lincolnshire?

I live in louth and obviously happy to travel within reason, dont wanna be traveling hrs.

ATB

V

North coats gun club is only about a 20 30 minute drive from you mate http://www.northcotesbutts.com I think they had a few problems with the website but you should be able to get the details from the link.

(North Cotes Butts is located on a former RAF base which retained the original butts used for calibration of the machine guns of WWII aircraft.

It boasts a covered 25m gallery range, 100m tube range (approved up to .50 Cal) and clay pigeon shooting. There are facilities for blind shooters to try their luck too.

We also have a thriving airgun section with an open 50 yard range) coppied from website and a contact number is on there.

I have only been up there once as I dont get too much time and I can shoot pigeons on my doorstep. Hope its of help

hia bloke bobby

nettleton is very relaxed anyone can go, all the staff are helpful and have helped me out no end

its open sunday morning and wed morning

a round of 25 clays is £6 and box of cart £5

i must visit the butts its closer for me

there's northcotes butts , nice club use to go there till i moved

or willerby , go there now , nice club aswell

or ther's one near ludborough , i think this one is shut during shooting season

an hour drive from louth to northcoats ???

you driving a pushbike :lol:

there's northcotes butts , nice club use to go there till i moved

or willerby , go there now , nice club aswell

or ther's one near ludborough , i think this one is shut during shooting season

an hour drive from louth to northcoats ???

you driving a pushbike :lol:

At what point have I said "an hour drive from Louth to Northcotes"?

:no::no::no::blush::good:

I think I will nip and have a look, maybe even go on my bike. :good:

• 1 year later...

Thanks fella but I have already done "a quick look" this as its easy to find the big well advertised clubs. The closest one in that lot is over an hours drive and I know there will be smaller local clubs that lads on here either know about or even use.

Would be better if someone from lincs area replied like some of the lads above have done, they know the clubs and smaller no so well known places.

Thanks for your help

Anyone more local with better knowledge of the local clubs???

There's a good clay club at Saltfleet, we have DTL and ABT with acoustic release, sporting layout changes every meet, we have a small club house.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you directions. The next meet is Wednesday 2nd May and every Wednesday up to August 29th Shooting starts at about 6.00pm and goes on till about 9

hi ratman where abouts is the saltfleet club i assume its different from north coates? who would i need to contact about attending thanks in advance

Me, I'm the chairman. :lol: :lol: Yes we are a different club to Northcotes, we are on the edge of Saltfleet in the dunes, that's North Somercotes side of Saltfleet.

ah right is it an open club or do you need membership? im new to the sport and im just waiting for my friends cert to come through as we were going to start together but dont see why i couldnt get some practise in first ha :lol:

ah right is it an open club or do you need membership? im new to the sport and im just waiting for my friends cert to come through as we were going to start together but dont see why i couldnt get some practise in first ha :lol:

No you don't need to be a member to shoot. :good:

north lincs fowlers shoot starts wed the 2nd of may,south end of the barton street,turn right up the hill to binbrook and couple hundred yards on the left.after tomos its every thursday till end of august,hope to see you there mr ratman.craig