Disco 3

charlie 1

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for all/any of the disco 3 drivers out there.

Does the disco 3 have any front recovery points? was pulling one out of a field yesterday but couldn't find a recovery point or even a tie down point at the front.

just wondering if i missed it or if it doesn't have one? would seem a bit stupid not to have anything at the front.

Thanks.

Charlie

Thanks guys, good to know for the future.

the chap was towing a trailer across a field with about 4 inches of snow. he slid sideways down the hill and couldn't get away from the fence.

so got a good old defender to tow him out and i hitched the trailer up to my defender and towed that out.

nothing beats a defender lol.

thanks again.

charlie

nothing beats a defender lol.

thanks again.

charlie

....for deafening you on duel carriage ways, banging your right elbow....bad heater....

and with the right tyres the disco would tow the defender with the trailer attached! the electronics are clever if you let them do theyre stuff!

i think the disco's ace card is the fact it'll do 100mph on a motorway comfortably, with handle extremely well on a b road, and is just as happy in the mud with the right tyres, we used a friends one to pull a car transporter trailer with a car on it and 18" of snow on the ground and adding to the weight of the trailer! took a bit of shunting but it did it! that was with GG AT's on....I was amazed how easily it ploughed through it once a bit of motion was gained!

Gixer

post-10812-0-65562600-1293369726.jpg

Edited by gixer1

The defender has its downsides, but i would call that character.

i can only comment on what i saw at the time, am sure they are good with the right tyres however you can only put certain types of tyres on them due to the speed ratings. whereas i can put more aggressive tyres on my defender which means i will go further then most people. its horses for courses the defender fits with me perfectly whereas some people like speed and comfort lol.

nice pic by the way, shows what land rover can do.

all the best

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys i have a 2009 ford ranger 2.5 tdci great motor 30mpg round town 35 38 mpg on motorway good for 115 flat out not chipped live in wiltshire had bad snow early 2010 did and went everywhwere i wanted it to go been farming most of my life up to 2008 driven landrovers from 90 s to 110 s range rovers have had and even tested the new disco 3. yes you do get the nice flash stuff with these but but after driving the ranger would never buy land rover again expensive and **** for the money and cost a lot to service and maintain but thats only because of the name . had a new esso pipe line installed in area 10 years ago on a steep bank around my area and this is before i had a ranger and watched one of the crew try to drive up the bank in a 90 would not go up it half hour later watched a hilux fly up it no trouble. can tow 3 ton with my ranger no trouble and my father has a land cruiser 4.2 if you want a good big 4x4 look at them top of range as good if not better than a landy.