Beretta-v-Benelli

Rasher

I went for the Benelli raffello crio when I recently got a semi. Main reasons it fitted me well, handled beutifully and the crucial thing on top of the others it was a inertia cycling gun and I did not want a gas cycling version.

Missed out the stock was the right length, with some other makes the stocks were too short.

For a o/u though I would go for a Beretta, as they are the best fit for me and I have just swapped from other makes to Beretta's so the fit is simular or the same on all guns.

Edited by BerettaSV10

I know its a gamble but with the state of the economy as it is I don't think the prices will go up after the VAT increase. The retailers will simply have to swallow it.

Its definitely the case in many of the other market sectors, I'm hoping it will be the same in the gun sales.

My old 300 is just about ready for the scrap heap and I'll be looking to replace it during the January sales.

But have hit a bit of a quandary should I go for another Beretta or buy a Benelli

What would you choose and why?

I had the same problem a few years ago, couldn't decide which one.

I wanted a do all gun, from rough shooting to wildfowling and a bit of practice on the clays.

I was torn between an Xtrema 2 and a Super black eagle 2.

After trying both and asking the owners of each what they thought, I settled on an Xtrema 2 :yes:

I found the SBE2 kicked like a mule compared to the Xt2, I didn't like the step rib on the SBE2 and the SBE2 struggled to reliably (if at all) cycle light clay loads.

Just my opinion :good:

what are you looking to use the gun for ? clays only ? wildfowling only ?

or a combination of both, and what loads are you looking to put through it ?

if you want inertia drive then you've got to go for a benelli, beretta only have 1 inertia gun as far as i'm aware.

recently picked up a benelli and after a couple of years of gas semi auto's i honestly cant believe

how clean the gun comes away from the clay ground.

i dont mind cleaning a gas semi but the difference is unbelievable.

Owning both Benelli and Beretta semis, I can honestly say the Benelli is quite amazing - it just doesn't get dirty like the gas operated semis do and is a great pleasure to use - I guess there are far fewer Benellis around as they are quite expensive and there are loads of very good value old Beretta 302s and 303s available for very little money compared to 4-figure prices for new Benellis, not that many used models around, particularly newer Benellis.

Go to a good gun shop attached to a shooting ground and try a few.....then go with what seems right for you. Inertia though,is generally Benelli terrain, and they do it well - very well indeed. I love mine, but still enjoy my AL390 as well.

Owning both Benelli and Beretta semis, I can honestly say the Benelli is quite amazing - it just doesn't get dirty like the gas operated semis do and is a great pleasure to use - I guess there are far fewer Benellis around as they are quite expensive and there are loads of very good value old Beretta 302s and 303s available for very little money compared to 4-figure prices for new Benellis, not that many used models around, particularly newer Benellis.

Go to a good gun shop attached to a shooting ground and try a few.....then go with what seems right for you. Inertia though,is generally Benelli terrain, and they do it well - very well indeed. I love mine, but still enjoy my AL390 as well.

I would agree totally with Condor on his points about both guns, I've also had Beretta's most of my shooting life, I started with a 302 for 10 years then a 303 Supersport for 12 years and now I've a Benelli and I've had it 3 years now, but I also have a Browning Gold Sporting Clays semi(green/blue), this gun is like hens teeth now and mine is in Perfect condition, I bought it to shoot game with it but it's very heavy especially filled with 32grm loads but an absolute gem to shoot, But back in early November I bought a new Browning Maxus grd 3 and I have to say with all honesty WOOOOOOW !! it's the most Perfect semi auto I've ever had in my hand never mind shot with and I've worked in the gun trade for a few years ! it's superb in EVERY way so there's no point me saying about this bit or that bit is better than this or that - it's a superb gun, What more can I say to help you make your mind up ! I even bough mine without even firing a shot out of one before I bought it, I just put it up and I know it was the one for me, I've 3 Blaser f3's and I haven't shot one since I bought the Maxus,. Try a Maxus and see for yourself.

f3

I would agree totally with Condor on his points about both guns, I've also had Beretta's most of my shooting life, I started with a 302 for 10 years then a 303 Supersport for 12 years and now I've a Benelli and I've had it 3 years now, but I also have a Browning Gold Sporting Clays semi(green/blue), this gun is like hens teeth now and mine is in Perfect condition, I bought it to shoot game with it but it's very heavy especially filled with 32grm loads but an absolute gem to shoot, But back in early November I bought a new Browning Maxus grd 3 and I have to say with all honesty WOOOOOOW !! it's the most Perfect semi auto I've ever had in my hand never mind shot with and I've worked in the gun trade for a few years ! it's superb in EVERY way so there's no point me saying about this bit or that bit is better than this or that - it's a superb gun, What more can I say to help you make your mind up ! I even bough mine without even firing a shot out of one before I bought it, I just put it up and I know it was the one for me, I've 3 Blaser f3's and I haven't shot one since I bought the Maxus,. Try a Maxus and see for yourself.

f3

I love my Maxus - cycles everything, lovely and light and yet no felt recoil. Get one!

I spoke to a few gun sales people and shooting instructors and they generally said Benelli or Beretta for a semi auto so thats what I looked at mainly and after trying a few of both I thought the Benelli was a nicer balance having the weight further back as there is no gas recycling unit forward of the trigger, it had less recoil (though I it was comfortec), had less cleaning and cycled everything.

I do think the Winchester SX3 and Browning Maxus are great guns too.

I think Beretta just has the biggest name in shotguns and they hold their value the best so people buy the semi's for that reason.

I ended up buying a perfect second hand Benelli M2 synthetic comfortec 28" and I love it.

I also have a Beretta SV10 and I love it too so I'm not anti Beretta!