Rottweil Special 12 F/Clever Mirage

Hubertus

Hi,

has anyone tried the Catridge Rottweil Special 12 F in 32 Gramm No 6,5 (2,5mm)? Its with felt beetween powder and Lead. Or Ammo from Clever Mirage (Italy)? it has too 32 Gramm of No 6,5 but a plastic wad.

I can get them for a really good price. Which one would you buy. The Clever is cheaper.

Hubertus

On ponds and rivers 32gm 2.6mm or 2.4mm if only teal and wigeon and open chokes.

On the coast or estuary 36gm 2.4mm through 3/4 or full choke,the reason for the heavy load is to lessen any pricked birds as the estuary here is dangerous as regards mud and fast flowing water.I want it dead within 40m of me or missed totally.

We(Scotland)can use lead inland on any bird as long as the pellets don`t enter a watercourse.

P.S. the mirage are good but IMO kick too hard.

I have just picked up 250 clever cartridges to try I havent got round to using them yet but will open the box next time i am out and let you know what i think of them.

I am sure they were 28g No6 but i see they are not listed on there website so i will check that as well.

Cheers

Neil