• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got one this weekend so decided to have a go, skinned it by cutting teh legs, head and tail same as Hunter, but then making one long cut up the middel being carfeul not to puncture anyting then worked the skin off over his back. Its now in the freezer waiting for the next BBQ. any good BBQ tips for them?

• 1 month later...

Hunter! were did u get ur webley knife from? ive been looking for one just like it for ages and i think the quest mayb complete!!! could u posibly PM me with some details of were it can be purchased? i would b eternaly gr8ful!!

many thankz

Young Shot

• 3 weeks later...
nice pictures m8, i will try it some time. :friends:

Interesting stuff. They aren't very common yet up here at around 55 degrees north, though I saw one in a park a few weeks ago. We still have some reds around here and there is good reason to stop the greys getting a hold, though I suspect it is a lost cause because they're wily little bu**ers.

I used to do black powder shooting years ago and in American books about it they had .32 caliber muzzle loading squirrel rifles that were copies of old Pensylvania rifles from the eighteenth and nineteenth century. I always fancied shooting them with a muzzle loaded pill of lead, wrapped up in a cloth patch. Great fun muzzle loaders - a real ritual, a bit like smoking a pipe in comparison to lighting an Embassy or something. I did hunt with a muzzle loader for a while years ago, but the .45 cal balls used to mess up the rabbits big time if I ever hit them. The excitement of loading the damned thing when you could see your quarry used to turn my guts right over, then take aim, BANG - cloud of smoke and usually it had run away. The thing was a .45 cal smooth bore so I had it as a shot gun. I understand it used to be ok to fire one ball out of them then. Don't know about now, but it was damned inaccurate. Eventually I used it as a shotgun with half an ounce of lead, but it wasn't a lot of use even then. A bit like a .410, only slightly bigger and a lot more time taken to reload it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice shot matey! Spot on.

I've been looking to try the elusive tree rat for a while now. I'm a chef by trade and might just do it next time, i've only really been put off by the effort but next time he's gonna get fryed up with a little rosemary and served with creamy mustard mash and some roasted veg. Great pics!

RESPECT!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

try whisking an egg place the carcass in it some it is covered in the egg then season some four with salt and pepper and mixed herbs a a bit of cumin and corriader and you have kentucty tree rat like elvis use to eat. also try stir fried woodie

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...