Evil, Lieing, Nosey, Ploting woman

red_stag88

Braindead and I were out shooting rabbits on a farm near me. We were lying in a field looking down into another when i spooted a woman walking along the foot path 200yds away. She then spots us and cuts across the crops (should have put crop damaging in the title <_< ) towardsa us. She then says "You do know this is privet property," I said yes and explaned that my Dad controles the vermin and deer on it. Being very polite of coures as i am an ambassador for the sport. "she asked us if we had shot near the horses, we replied no, both knowing about horses as i used to have one and Braindead is the son of an Olympic dressage rider! She then leaves us and heads of in the direction of the farmer (out of her way). The farmer comes about 5 minutes later in a bit of a fume. The woman has told him that we have been shooting the horses and been very rude and abusive towards her (which we had not). After speaking to us he relised that we were not the people to shoot horeses and be impolite and that actually she had lied to him (evil woman). As it had been along time since he had last saw me he diddnt recognise me. However next day (today) my mum spoke to his wife when she was walking the dogs. She in turn spoke to the farmer and he has now asked us to shoot the rabbits as they are a great hazzard to his VERY expensive horses (they put there legs down the holes and then break them and in turn have to be put down :) )

So I have it cleared up with the farmer, but isnit it amazing how evil people can be?

p.s. we had air rifles!

I suppose the only positive thing you can take from this experience is , that you didn,t lose your shooting.

We have all met "ladies" and "gentlemen" like your visitor.

I,ve had them walk round fields (no footpath), right in front of my hide, a woman picked up two of my decoys and throw them into a hedge.

You have to remain calm, there is not point in being abusive, or threatening.

I always report any such instances to the landowner at the first opportunity, if only to get my version in first.

This is not our first experience, on last half term we had a "gentleman" approach us, shaven head, leather jacket, didn't look but dog was proberbly a rockwiler or doberman. His language would if it were televised break the beeping machine, an overloaf of the F word! Again we were very polite and moved on. I wish people woould be more considerate, we diding bother their dog walking, but they bothered our rabbit shooting! We diding damage crops, But they did! We were polite, they weren't! We minded our our own business, they had to poke their elongated noses into what we were doing!

People go for a walk in the countryside but dont expect to see the sports of the countryside happening! How stupid! It is like walking into a football stadium and being shocked to see football!

Another experience was down in Battle with my dad, we control deer for a very rich family, it is all privet property, signs every where state it. We were down in the summer doing matentenace and shooting vermin/bucks (as they were in season). Low and behold we see a man walking his dogs down the ride towards us in a high seat. We stop him, ask him if he knows that he is tresspassing, he says yes but he never sees anyone so he dossint see the problem, we took a .308 round out of the rifle, tell him that we can shoot 3 rounds in a 3in circl at 150yds no problem. He went white, the reson, his dog was ginger, it could have easly been a fox! We hope we scared him off, this also happend to our friend with a rambeler, except our friend had a .270. He explened as it was late, tthe rambeler might have been shot, that also scared him off!!!

Being a 15stone 6'1" shavenheaded gent myself, who shoots mainly on his on land . Anybody that comes up and starts to give me "hassle" is soon left in no doubt to who is in the wrong.

The last time it happened a lady and gentleman were walking their dog straight through the middle of a field of wheat (no public right of way within 700 yrds)They passed straight infront of my hide at the corner of the field. So i came out of my hide (gun broken and unloaded). And explained to them that they were trespassing , when the lady started screaming blue murder about me threatening her and her husband with a gun (i did honestly think about loading the gun and shooting her dog .)

So after the evil thought of putting her dog down (i thought the dog was going to bite me officer) i deceided the best wayto deal with this would be to phone dibble. Dibble arrived , the lady and the gent explained that i had threatened them with the gun . The policeman took one look at me and the gun and........ started laughing .

He then asked me what my turn of events were , i told him about some muppits walking a dog through the middle of a crop of wheat . Then about a lady screaming blue murder about been threatened with a gun (which was broken and unloaded ) The policeman asked me why i had not left the gun in the hide when i approached said lady an gent . Explained to him that i did not want the gun to get knicked or fall in to the wrong hands blah blah blah...

The outcome of this was the policeman asked me if i wanted to press charges for tresspass. (you should have seen the ladys and gents faces ) I just winked at the policeman and said " i'd have to think about that " (did not bother to.)

all the best yis yp :ph34r:

The field we shoot is right on the river clyde, whenever we are down on as sunday shooting we usually see pochers (No fishing for salmon on a sunday), I was walking around the field when a crow came over me at a huge hight...bang.. .bang down came the crow, off went the pochers <_<:) Blooming good to see them run. But, saying that we have had a man and his boy (about 5) walkig by, seeing us then asking if they could watch for a while inside the hide which was quite good

Ive been approached a few times.I just let them do all the talking ,when they have calmed down ask if they have permission to be on land most of them let there dogs run loose so i ask them to put them on a lead as they are commiting two offences,tresspassing and a dog not on a lead.Most of the people ive met are what i call city dwellers,they move into the country buy a 4x4 a black lab and pair of hunter wellies and think they are a local.If they dont like the way we live in the country p*** off back to the city.Appoligies in advance to anyone who lives in the city and enjoys country life.

yep, these such people are a night mare, perhaps it would not be so bad if they try to keep out of the way but they all go out of their way to come over and to ask you what the hell you are doing, just like the woman redstagg was talkin about <_<

i have had people drive up outside the farm gate where we have lorries and tractors coming out 24/7 and park their car, they then think that if they see a pub. foot path sign they can go anywhere on your land!!(its like they think they own the place)

I had a woman and her man come into a wood to rant at the Squirel culling.

She then proceded to tell me the wood was a public wood! I told her that it was not. All this is being video'd by hubbie. She said " yes it is there is foot path running through it". I then pointed out who the owner was (he was in the wood with me :) ) and that as the path was 200 yards away she was trespasing with 3 uncontroled dogs. The video camera was imediatly switched off, and the couple stomped off back to their house at the far end of the wood shouting that they would now call the police. The land owner (who was having a good laugh at me unseen) and my self then must have shot 50 rounds in the next hour, just so they got the message we would not be put off. The police never did arive <_<

my dad lives on a farm and it is a cattle farm mainly in the centre of constable country all very pretty i must say,but a bit smelly in summer but you get use to it,well unless you move from london about 100yrds away which happened and low and behold they too have golden retriever,green wellies,chelsea tractor and a real bad sense of smell,as the old people there never said a word about it my i old man just laughs at the never ending letters of complaint and comments his normal answer is that there noses are to close to there a..e you come to the country to enjoy it but some are just hell bent on ruinning it for others and true country folk i know every one has rights and that includes us as shooters so my answer to anyone who gets funny with me when i am out shooting is too take a long hard suck on the crack of my a.se..... <_<

We were onnce fly fishing on the dove, my friend lands a nice trout and promptly despaches it with a priest (who happend to be walking past <_< ). A woman (why is it always the women?) runs up to him yelling "your raping the earth". My frend looks at her and says "yep i know, but trout tastes good" and pops the fish in his game bag.

I have come up with the ultimate excuse for everything. If some approaches you and says we are going against mother natures will, and it is unnatureal for us to kill. Justy reply "Mother nature is always right, Mother nature made every thing, mother nature made me, mother nature made it right to kill." There you go, mother nature has made us the controlers of creatures.

Being a 15stone 6'1" shavenheaded gent myself

I diddn't mean any offence yp, i was just rather intimidated!

RED non taken fella.

Having read through the posts i have deceided that the best approach when confronted by a "lunatic anti" is that i am going to pretend to be deaf and dumb . Give em some arm and hand flapping (sign language) and that sort of grunting sound deaf and dumb folks make (that was IN NO WAY meant to be offensive to anybody with such a "dreadful" affliction)

all the best yis yp :ph34r:

I enjoy walking in the countryside but have to agree with the posts on this topic. Most so-called "ramblers" are virulent antis, why I don't know its just the way the world is. But most walkers I know are not so thick as to believe they can walk anywhere in a field or wood just because a footpath goes through it. Most shooters I've come across whilst out walking are wary at first but pleasantly surprised when I express interest and support. In a wood I too came across a squirrel cull (they were having a break near the path)- they invited me to watch after I expressed an interest.