shooting a fox with a PCP?

jacksdad

One farm I have just got permission on for vermin, crows etc. has now got a pair of foxes trying to get into the yard. They come right up to the sheepdogs, they know how long the nightime leads on the dogs are, so simply skirt around them :angry:

The farmer says he can even see them from his armchair, they come so close....so can I cleanly drop them, from about 15 mtrs, with a PCP, and using what pellets?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive Just took a chill pill soooo.. :hmm:

Shooting a fox with air rifle would be like someone shooting you with a air rifle..would xxxxing hurt..wouldnt kill it..so spare a thought for the fox and get someone in who does it professionally with a suitable cal rifle PLEASE.

Dont ever TRY and think i will take it with a air rifle...END.

Edited by barrelsniffer

Ive Just took a chill pill soooo.. :hmm:

Shooting a fox with air rifle would be like someone shooting you with a air rifle..would xxxxing hurt..wouldnt kill it..so spare a thought for the fox and get someone in who does it professionally with a suitable cal rifle PLEASE.

Dont ever TRY and think i will take it with a air rifle...END.

Spoil sport :lol:

Take care mate :good:

But what if I could tune my rifle to, for arguments sake, 24 ftlb?

Just how much power would be needed to do a clean job......

I'm thinking of applying for an air rifle FAC but would this be any use? (I very much doubt I'd get a full FAC due to my home, rented flat, etc.?)

Come on mate..have a bit of thought here..in cheshire where im from the min cal for fox is 22 hornet which generates around 700ft lbs...now that will as you say do a clean job at reasonable ranges...a 24 ftlb air rifle is shooting a "pellet" so what damage would that really do..??

Besides its NOT right and i said get someone in to do the job...CLEANLY and HUMANELY...have a thought for the fox.