you can all laugh !

gav

right a half decent mechanic on here knows half this story lol

but this is how it goes my ford maverick wouldnt start and no dash board lights so me knowing fa about motors called the rac out ! bloke comes out has a play around says wiring loom burnt out somewhere ! ohh dear quote for rewiring was ££££££ so in a panic as goin away with disabled wife and kids i paid 2 k for a cracking little renault scenic rx4 { bloody good in the snow } well 3 days later another m8 of mine who's a mechanic had a nose and noticed that the main ignition fuse had blown ! so another call and visit from a different rac bloke and he confirmed fuse blown because starter motor is dead ! so new fuse , recon starter and whay away we go now with two cars ! lol

so now after a useless phone call to rac customer complaints where do i stand legally any ideas ?

as i dont really need or can afford to keep two cars but will lose money and which do i keep ?

Have you read their terms and conditions out of interest?

For instance:-

"Caring for our customers.

We are committed to providing You with the highest standard of service and customer care. We realise however, there may be occasions when You feel that You did not receive the standard of service You expect. Should You have cause for complaint about any aspect of the Breakdown services, which We have provided to You, please contact Us at the address indicated and We

will work with You to resolve Your complaint."

or

"18. We will take all reasonable care in providing Our services to You. We will not be responsible for the action or inaction of any other third parties who may provide additional services to You."

May be worth pushing forward with a complaint, if you can be bothered, since the bloke got it wrong and you relied on his statements made as an RAC employee. Don't know how much he quoted for the rewiring in relation to the cost of the renault you bought, but the situation could have been a lot worse, had you got the rewiring.

No guarantees, but there response is fob-off answer.

Oh the joys!

CK.

Edited by Constantinos