How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well shot lads. Went to J C Marsh sporting clays today and shot around with Hawkeye and a couple more p/watchers ( told you i would have forgotton names by the time i got home).It was quite well subscribed which was nice to see. Future plans for DTL and other things Lots of potential here for a really good future as the man who owns it Jonathen seems to be very dialled in Scores on the doors for Hawkeye, I think an excellent 88, i managed an 80 after dropping 5 driven near the end. :blush: Lots of different targets from last time and good hospitality with bacon butties free and even a massive outside log burner with a nip of slow gin if required. from Auntie. :D

Well shot lads. Went to J C Marsh sporting clays today and shot around with Hawkeye and a couple more p/watchers ( told you i would have forgotton names by the time i got home).It was quite well subscribed which was nice to see. Future plans for DTL and other things Lots of potential here for a really good future as the man who owns it Jonathen seems to be very dialled in Scores on the doors for Hawkeye, I think an excellent 88, i managed an 80 after dropping 5 driven near the end. :blush: Lots of different targets from last time and good hospitality with bacon butties free and even a massive outside log burner with a nip of slow gin if required. from Auntie. :D

Well shot Auntie & co :good:

Are you going to Kegworth tomorrow, Auntie? New Zealand looming n' all that... :hmm:

ps. You have a trophy to collect from Marne :good:

Now now Auntie are you sure you got that right :hmm:

Next time you meet send him my love , that will drop him a few birds :lol:

Shot a 45-50 today and ended up second over all beaten by 1 :sly:

i went to the town and country sports aka daves shoot with my dad and shoot 37 out of 50 well happy only started shooting last september. they was having some trouble with some of the clay traps braking clays. that gets a bit anoying when u got to try three times to get a pair <_< but it is funney when the bloke before me used it as an excuse from missing :lol: .

Must have been a touch of alzheimer's they were ( John... MAG357)......( Steve...scaffman73).....and ( Abbi... Dearbare ) Mularky and his mate shot a 89 and pipped me for high gun by 1 clay...

You missed out on the home made soup and Xmas cake afterwards and before magman says anything NO i did not have yours as well as mine.. :lol: :lol: :D

I did Kibworth this morning, (never seen the car park so full, who said there's no money about), a couple of tricky stands, scraped in an 87, then went down to Northampton, (again very busy), a slighly more forgiving course, managed an 89, neither score was a disaster, but would have liked a couple more on each. :yes:

Won't be doing Keggy tomorrow as I'm out on another driven day.

Good luck guys, shoot well. :good:

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

i went to the town and country sports aka daves shoot with my dad and shoot 37 out of 50 well happy only started shooting last september. they was having some trouble with some of the clay traps braking clays. that gets a bit anoying when u got to try three times to get a pair <_< but it is funney when the bloke before me used it as an excuse from missing :lol: .

Is that the one at Sherfield English? I thought they only offered 40 birds at that one (at the same price as everybody else offers 50). :oops:

Hi all,

Got to Kegworth in good time this morning,it was reasonably quiet when we arrived and then it filled up,I mean a lot.Was there nothing else on in the country today?

I wouldn't mind being a quid behind John after this weekend :yes: I bet he doesn't buy a new jumper though :no::lol::lol:

Saw Chard lurking near some bushes eyeing up a couple of 'long birds' :yes:

I thought the shoot was a bit tougher than usual with some good targets on.Really enjoyed it and finished on 89.

Azzurri.

Hi all,

Got to Kegworth in good time this morning,it was reasonably quiet when we arrived and then it filled up,I mean a lot.Was there nothing else on in the country today?

I wouldn't mind being a quid behind John after this weekend :yes: I bet he doesn't buy a new jumper though :no::lol::lol:

Saw Chard lurking near some bushes eyeing up a couple of 'long birds' :yes:

I thought the shoot was a bit tougher than usual with some good targets on.Really enjoyed it and finished on 89.

Azzurri.

Ha! Well shot chap, I thought you looked like you were heading for a good score :good:

I finished on 83, so I was quite pleased with that piece of A Class magnificence :lol:

Paulos and NickyT looked like they had decent scores, but we left them queuing for the last stand in the car park :rolleyes:

I trundled home with an 81 today - not displeased at all especially after my Stevie Wonder-esque start :oops:

Very enjoyable shoot round with El Studentifico (Paulos) and Scott (Whiskeymac) and a cracking, testing layout at Kegworth as always.

Had a very long queue to shoot the final stand in the car park that almost sucked our will to live but other than that it was well worth the trip and everything seemed to be running very well. I'm glad to see that Kegworth was well supported this weekend - just goes to show that when you put up better than average prize funds they will draw in the shooters.

Stand 6 (simultaneous R-L crosser and R-L battue) provided us with the most enjoyable experience of the day; scorer marked the wrong card having in advertently moved two cards over by mistake, swore blind that he didn't and tried to blame us for his unintentional mistake. Suffice it to say that he was appraised accordingly :lol:

Ha! Well shot chap, I thought you looked like you were heading for a good score :good:

I finished on 83, so I was quite pleased with that piece of A Class magnificence :lol:

Paulos and NickyT looked like they had decent scores, but we left them queuing for the last stand in the car park :rolleyes:

Quite pleased :blink: That was a really good score on those targets :good::good:

Well done Rich.

Azzurri.

Well shot Azzurri, Chard & NickyT, you all put my miserable 76 to shame, I started off well, straitened my first two stands then just started dropping targets by the bucket full. Stand 3, a L to R looper with a R to L crosser on report just about summed up my day, pair dead, pair dead, pair lost & pair lost how the hell do I manage to do it???.

I can't fathom it, I didn't think it was a desperately difficult shoot, not easy but not British Open standard but I can't string a decent score together even if my life depended on it. Ah well I'll have to put myself through it all again next Sunday at Fauxdegla.

Mr Potter

Well shot guys!

Bigweed, well shot! not sure if I saw you on Saturday at Dartford in the Am on the veranda.

Shot the reg'd skeet there on Sat and put in a 91, not happy with the 91, some stupid misses but won C class.

Jon.