How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

Shot the North of England All Round Championship this morning with canthitathing at Rufforth.

It was a baptism of fire for canthitathing, who hadn't shot any registered DTL, ESK or ABT, but he stuck into them and finished on a decent 74 :good: (DTL: 16, ABT: 15, ESK: 24 and ESP: 19 - I think :hmm:) Well shot on the skeet - a solid straight, after missing your very first bird! :P:good:

I started off great, but it all feel apart at the end. <_< I did DTL: 25, ABT: 25, ESK: 24 and ESP.....18 :oops: to finish on 92. That tied me in first place, but sadly I lost the ensuing shoot-off...on the sporting...to Mikey Burnand for the North of England title. <_<:oops::no: Picked up 1st in A Class though so didn't leave empty handed :good:

Well shot to Mikey though. Although I'm gutted to have lost, I'm chuffed for him - a deserved win following a storming performance in the shoot-off :good:

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot the North of England All Round Championship this morning with canthitathing at Rufforth.

It was a baptism of fire for canthitathing, who hadn't shot any registered DTL, ESK or ABT, but he stuck into them and finished on a decent 74 :good: (DTL: 16, ABT: 15, ESK: 24 and ESP: 19 - I think :hmm:) Well shot on the skeet - a solid straight, after missing your very first bird! :P:good:

I started off great, but it all feel apart at the end. <_< I did DTL: 25, ABT: 25, ESK: 24 and ESP.....18 :oops: to finish on 92. That tied me in first place, but sadly I lost the ensuing shoot-off...on the sporting...to Mikey Burnand for the North of England title. <_<:oops::no: Picked up 1st in A Class though so didn't leave empty handed :good:

Well shot to Mikey though. Although I'm gutted to have lost, I'm chuffed for him - a deserved win following a storming performance in the shoot-off :good:

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:

I expect I'd have got 93 and there wouldn't have had to be a shoot off :sly:

Well(ish) shot gimp :P

Well done Paul,some great shooting for the conditions today :good: :good: and also some kind words for Jnr,very gracious indeed :yes::good:

Azzurri.

18!!!! What was that all about!!

Well shot on the other disciplines though.

Edited by Northern Gunner

It was hard luck today Paul :yes: . You stormed the first 3 layouts even though you were having to give me the SP on each discipline. I'd have looked a proper C**K if you hadn't :lol: :lol: .

I thoroughly enjoyed it though and will try it again sometime. Need to work on the DTL and ABT though :oops:

Off to Orston tomorrow for the last registered sporting before the British open at Hodnet. Maybe a midweek practice at Park Lodge though :hmm:

Well shot Paulos and Junior. I went down and shot in saddleworth where i used to live and where i fired my first very own shotgun. Running Hill Gate shooting ground, lovely scenary and great targets which i have to say were made tricky with the strong wind. I managed a 33/50 against my old sparing partner Graham's 34/50 and our other team mate Peter did a 31/50 and he hadn't picked his gun up for 18 months.It was very enjoyable chewing the fat with old shooting buddies and it's also good to go back to our roots sometimes. from Auntie. :yes:

I shot barrow heath today i used 1/4-1/4 choke and 8 shot all round.i hit 90 and didnt even win my class{a}.90 is not an A class average its a AAA average these shoots need to tighten up or everyone will be in AA.

bornfree

I know the standard of shooting has/seems to have gone up in recent years and grounds these days have to do everything they can to get 'bums on seats' and that often means steadier shoots to keep the majority of their customers happy week in week out.

I used to enjoy grounds like Grimesthorpe years ago,you always came away from there feeling like you'd been tested and usually H/G was somewhere in the high 80s,also if you'd had a bad stand or two you could rescue your score,you can't do that on some of the steadier shoots today where 95+ is not unusual.

I fully agree with you,but i've got a feeling we may be the minority :yes::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

Yep, i agree. from Auntie. :good:I remember shooting the last shoot at Welbough Grange,I managed a 53 and shot my socks off to get it. Every single stand was like a pool shoot, but it was really enjoyable because every one there knew that it was set up hard. I think it had a £500 high gun prize or something unusual like that. People were queueing up all day to shoot the 100 birder. :yes:

Edited by 100milesaway

Catton Hall today --Should have lit woodburner and stayed at home :yes:

Met Mr Potter on rabbit stand - he assured me the rabbit will stop and put it's hands up when I pull trigger - He fibbed - they put hands up when they have rolled to a stop. :blush: :blush:

dave

Yes, I prefer a bit of a challenging shoot, not been to Shugborough since it suddenly got easy when the ground went up for sale, not been to Kingsley Moor for ages either. <_<

God knows why I like challenging shoots after today though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went to Orston for the first time today, met Al (Canthitathing) there, and we gave it a go. We were **** :sly:

Especially me, I was even more **** than Al :lol:

Both in the 60's, very poor effort for a good and interesting course. There were a few real tough birds, but most of it was very doable, I just didn't do it :P

It's got like it's me looking at the clay and some other **** shooting the gun. My head is just not on the game. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, my score was below the cut-off, so it won't count towards my CPSA classification :P

I've got to shoot the British Open at Hodnet on Friday, because I've already paid upfront (otherwise I wouldn't bother)but then I'll just settle down to a bit of skeet. That's all I wanted to do today to be honest :hmm:

Today was just an absurd waste of money. Must have cost me £50 in petrol. A £100 day out, just to shoot like a cock :oops:

The only high point of the day was the T shirt which Al got printed for me by his mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Al, I'll wear it with pride! :good:

005cu.jpg

Went to Orston for the first time today, met Al (Canthitathing) there, and we gave it a go. We were **** :sly:

I am so glad I stayed in bed :lol: .... Did you pick up my substitutional winnings from Orston ? I expect its enough to go and see a good coach :blush::lol:

I was laughing my head off when Al text me a photo of the T shirt lol..... does it fit ? :P

I am so glad I stayed in bed :lol: .... Did you pick up my substitutional winnings from Orston ? I expect its enough to go and see a good coach :blush::lol:

I was laughing my head off when Al text me a photo of the T shirt lol..... does it fit ? :P

Yes, I've got your filthy ill-gotten gains <_< I might give part of it to you on Friday, less commission and expenses.

The T shirt fits, I'll wear it Friday. El Magnifico :P

I expect it will **** with rain or something and I'll need a ******* Sou'wester, it is Hodnet after all :sly:

Incidentally, what the **** are "substitutional winnings"? Illiterate ****. <_<

Edited by Chard

Paulos, good result there squire - the ESP score was all in your head - you couldn't believe your luck with the good cumulative score and being out front, then you got nervy, dropped a few and then the elastic band in your bonce went... and you put in what we could call a "Chard score".

You can see why anyone who competes at the top of their game (in any game) will have had some time with a sports head shrinker.

Live and learn and all that - if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger etc.

Orston for me too today :good::good:

That was a shoot,total quality (as always)really good targets,Charlie & Rob did a great job :yes::good:

Certainly came away feeling tested and like i'd had value for money :good:

Should have had a go on the Pool first to get my eye in as i raided the recycling bin last night for a bit of cardboard to raise my comb,made a hash of stand 1&2 dropping 5 targets :oops: but then got used to things and finished on 85.

Glad i used the cardboard and not the Fajita with Chard only a couple of stands in front of me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

Glad i used the cardboard and not the Fajita with Chard only a couple of stands in front of me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

You should have got Tracy to sew a little cushion thing for it, you know it makes sense.

I wouldn't bother asking your Mrs though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well shot gimpo, I beat you on stands 1 & 2. Then it all went to cock :P

Orston for me too today :good::good:

That was a shoot,total quality (as always)really good targets,Charlie & Rob did a great job :yes::good:

Certainly came away feeling tested and like i'd had value for money :good:

Should have had a go on the Pool first to get my eye in as i raided the recycling bin last night for a bit of cardboard to raise my comb,made a hash of stand 1&2 dropping 5 targets :oops: but then got used to things and finished on 85.

Azzurri.

I fully expected to see you in the 90's G. I ended on 67, which just about holds my B class :oops: . Shot the first 2 stands and the final stand OK (ish). It was the middle 10 stands that I was pants :no:

Worst I've ever seen Chard shoot :yes: , just couldn't get it together so he's off down the Tarp route now, Still, he was pleased with his T shirt :lol:

Timps had the best Idea to get ratted the night before and stay in bed :yes: Good call mate :lol:

British open next to embarrass myself throw my gun away look forward to :good: