How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scores on the doors today at JCMarshes, Hawkeye74, Martin(Hawkeye's Mate)68,Paulos 88, Auntie78. I dont know what won the shoot or if Alec turned up but it was very enjoyable and a lot warmer than the last shoot there. The free soup was good too. from Auntie. :good:

Nicely done Auntie and paulos :good: just watch out for Mr hawkeye as he likes bringing up the rear :lol:

Local winter shoot for me today , 50 birder finished 3rd today on a 41 - 50 still second over all ;)

All i need is a win next and its mine :yp:

Scores on the doors today at JCMarshes, Hawkeye74, Martin(Hawkeye's Mate)68,Paulos 88, Auntie78. I dont know what won the shoot or if Alec turned up but it was very enjoyable and a lot warmer than the last shoot there. The free soup was good too. from Auntie. :good:

Well shot indeed and to the Man of Mag :yes:

Looks like a trip to JC Marshes is on the cards then :good:

Well shot indeed and to the Man of Mag :yes:

Looks like a trip to JC Marshes is on the cards then :good:

Nick,

I know the subject of mileage to shoots is a very hot topic at the moment on Pigeon Watch but have you looked where J C Marsh is on the map, it's nearly in Haggis Land :D:D:D .

I don't mind traveling to shoots (I'm even going to the PW Charity Shoot - date permitting) but I'd only go that sort of distance, to J C Marsh, for a special shoot such as a regional selection or championship.

Regards

Mr Potter

You shot well today G G (granny grunt) only joking Auntie nice to shoot with you again, Martin was over the moon as he hadn't had a gun in his hand since last August and he has his beaters day next Saturday...He only shoots clays about twice a year but have a feeling he will be back at JCM's after today...

Bacon butties and coffee before you shoot are nice as well.. :D :D

The Manc Mafia is suffering from unauthorised absenteeism. <_<

We've got Timps festering in bed all day playing tents and then the Luuuuurve Machine, who's off the radar completely :rolleyes: NickyT doing family stuff :)

Yoof of today, neither use nor ornament.

Mr Potter was the star of the show at Shugbuggerer with a splendido 88 :good:

I was ******* **** with a not so Magnifico 71 :lol: I should have stayed in bed and played marquees :sly:

Whiskymac did pretty good with 69 :yes: Coming on nicely. Very consistent on the bread & butter stuff (unlike me) but having a few problems with the nutter ****** stands.

And Ainsley got a 61, still trying out his new Blaser :good:

Did my usual trick, missed the easy stuff and shot the hard half of the course rather well :rolleyes:

Paulos would have got about 15 <_<

Edited by Chard

Where is the Manchester Mafias contribution this week? from Auntie :hmm:

They, with the exception of Chard, were saving the planet by not using any petrol or were tied up with other things (see next week's NOTW or the Sunday Sport for full details).

So El Magnifico, who's really a suvverner!, whiskymac and I met at Shugborough and luck was with us as we only felt a few spots of rain when we where on the last stand.

We only had a long wait on one stand and although there was a 140+ entry, that was caused by a trap breakdown not weight of numbers. The ref was really quite funny/deranged, his answer to one of the simo traps not throwing a bird was to batter the button ever harder against the arm of his chair, if it wasn't broken before it sure was by the time he'd finished abusing it :oops::oops::lol::lol:

Anyway scores on the doors, whiskymac finished on 69 (no jokes please about most most people start with a 69) and suffered badly on the last 3 or 4 stands, he was disappointed but I'm sure he will improve the next time he's at Shuggy.

Chard aka El Magnifico was missing the Mafia's comforting presence and was off his game with a 71. I think he was sandbagging really to avoid AA next classification issue.

I had an increasingly rare good day and finished on an 88, was joint leader in A class when we left but I will have to wait to see if I was pipped at the post <_<

Mr Potter

I'm not in the Manc Mafia, I'm from Warrington and anyway I can't ******* stand Frank Sidebottom or Oasis.

The Manc Mafia is suffering from unauthorised absenteeism. <_<

We've got Timps festering in bed all day playing tents and then the Luuuuurve Machine, who's off the radar completely :rolleyes: NickyT doing family stuff :)

Yoof of today, neither use nor ornament.

Apologies Auntie and El-mo, normal service will be resumed this coming weekend and i'll even do some overtime at Catton Hall after Kingsley Moor :D

I shot my best score at braidwoods sc on sunday, 27x40 first round :blink:

then a 36x40 second. my usual score is between 22-25x40 each round so was

well chuffed. Hopefully i have got over that stumbling block and will shoot

at least 30 each round from now on.

Went to Craven for the first time in a while and shot 100 assorted sporting, consentrating on the ones I missed first time, but only managed about 75% but i suppose not that bad as homing in on bogey birds, and found them all in the end.Thanks Charlie for being the man on the button and pointing me in the right direction..from Auntie :good:

I shot my best score at braidwoods sc on sunday, 27x40 first round :blink:

then a 36x40 second. my usual score is between 22-25x40 each round so was

well chuffed. Hopefully i have got over that stumbling block and will shoot

at least 30 each round from now on.

I like that ground....some good targets...

Shaun

Kingsleymoor today some stands a little tricky, missed 3 rabbits plus another 3 on the carp stand to finish on 90 :good:

Well shot Keith :good: I finished up on an 85 at Kingsley today, after a less than ideal start halving the first stand in the field :oops:

Went onto Catton afterwards with Ian E and Whiskymac and stuck in an 80 after another disastrous first stand :hmm: Enjoyable day bit definitely felt fatigued by the end of the Catton shoot :hmm: Nice to see the men of Mag again :yes: