How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

Shot at Marne Barracks today. Some excellent targets 50 birds for £8. There were over 100 shooters there all enjoying the day, some quite challenging birds but everyone seemed to be hitting there average so all in all lots of happy faces including mine with a bonus of £30 for high gun.44/50. from Auntie. :good:

Well shot today Auntie. That 44 was good steady shooting as it was easy to drop one or two on each stand and as most stands only had 3 pairs on them, you need to find em straight away.

I was well pleased with the turnout which was promising as it was the first towards the winter series. :good::good:

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think about 10ft underneath it :hmm: You now know the exact extremities of a ¼ choke <_<

The scores were

85 FOR TIMPS

85 (84 ¼) for chard

84 for canthitathing

Considering it was Al’s first time there that’s a cracking score (he saw a good coach) :lol:

Anni started off on fire but just lost it at the end. :huh:

A good day though with some nice targets and good company bar the drive down :oops::good:

Well shot chaps :good:

Isn't it south-south-east from Manchester? It's almost certainly south-west from Al's neck of the woods... :ermm:

Believe me the way Chard took us we went North - East - West - South and sometimes if felt like all four at once :look:

But he is correct it is unwise to follow him anywhere, especially the gents where I certainly would not want to behold his unearthly 'magnificence' :o :huh:

El Magnifico.

Went to Catton Hall today with Timps, Canthitathing and Azzurri :P

Good day out in great company.

I thought there were some good targets there today, and it wasn't as easy as some Catton shoots can be.

Scores on the doors :

Azzurri - 92 :good: Great shooting G, you ought to get near the money with that.

Chard - 77 :rolleyes: Well, it's an A Class score...

Canthitathing - 68 :hmm:

Timps - 65ish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Interesting last stand.....

Saw John Rogers there, I know he got 75. IanE got 68ish I think.

I saw Mr Potter and Yellow Bear there, but don't know what they got.

Cheers to Azzurri for a bottle of red wine for my birthday, which is more than I got from the rest of the cheap ****s I shoot with :lol::lol: :lol:

Actually, I know it was from Tracey really, because she's crazy about me..... :sly:

018xk.jpg

Edited by Chard

Good fun at Catton today,targets were okay too :good:

It's been a long time since i've been over there,it must have been in the early 90s when i was last there :o I won't leave it so long next time,really enjoyed the day :good: :good:

Well shot to Chard & Al on some targets that were tricky in parts :yes::good:

And Craig,i'm sorry to say, you're just too deliberate mate ....... Excellent :good::lol: :lol: :lol:

Azzurri.

El Magnifico.

Went to Catton Hall today with Timps, Canthitathing and Azzurri :P

Good day out in great company.

I thought there were some good targets there today, and it wasn't as easy as some Catton shoots can be.

Scores on the doors :

Azzurri - 92 :good: Great shooting G, you ought to get near the money with that.

Chard - 77 :rolleyes: Well, it's an A Class score...

Canthitathing - 68 :hmm:

Timps - 65ish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Interesting last stand.....

Saw John Rogers there, I know he got 75. IanE got 68ish I think.

I saw Mr Potter and Yellow Bear there, but don't know what they got.

Cheers to Azzurri for a bottle of red wine for my birthday, which is more than I got from the rest of the cheap ****s I shoot with :lol::lol: :lol:

Actually, I know it was from Tracey really, because she's crazy about me..... :sly:

018xk.jpg

Soft & Fruity Eh! Sounds about right to me :lol: :lol:

Good fun at Catton today,targets were okay too :good:

It's been a long time since i've been over there,it must have been in the early 90s when i was last there :o I won't leave it so long next time,really enjoyed the day :good: :good:

Well shot to Chard & Al on some targets that were tricky in parts :yes::good:

And Craig,i'm sorry to say, you're just too deliberate mate ....... Excellent :good::lol: :lol: :lol:

Azzurri.

Well shot today G. Made it look easy at times (annoyingly so :lol: ) :yes:

You're very kind but I was Poop :oops: I dropped 11 on the first 3 stands :oops: Blanking the 2nd :o Never done it before, never want to do it again. Started to get it together later dropping 1s and 2s but the damage was done. I thought Chard shot better than his score suggests and he did it with his usual grace and supportive comments :lol:

Craig had a howler :o Particularly for someone who can properly shoot :yes: He just didn't get going, however his last stand was truly awe inspiring :D and will remain etched on my memory.

Great day, good laugh and top company. Cheers lads.

Well I think Azzurri got the PW honours today with NickyT a worthy runner up, I had 3 nightmare stands where my brain turned to mush and finished on a 79, think thats probably put the end to my ambition to get into AA class, well depending on the cut off point obviously. As said above a decent shoot with decent weather and agreeable company.

Mr Potter

Azzurri,

Graham Stirzaker had still to finish but when I left HG was young Tim Webster on 97 !!!!! Kevin Mayor was 1st in AA with a 95, Maurice Snelling (Cloudside Shooting Ground) 2nd on 93 and then yourself but as I said GS was still to finish.

Azzurri.

I have no idea what you mean Azzurri :blush::hmm:;)

Shot like a *** today, no excuses just never got in the grove today but had a laugh on the way round.

Had fun on the last stand, I don't think anyone noticed my cunning plan <_< reverse lead it's the future :yes:

Strangely I was on for a **** 71 till the last stand, Nostradamus has nothing on me as I foresaw my final score before entering the cage :lol:

Still a good laugh and it was free shoot due to picking up my winnings from last time I was there so not all bad.

Right, I'm thinking ahead to next weekend as I know most of the usual tarts are washing their hair or something :sly:

I'm doing Grimsthorpe on Sunday, if anybody else has got the balls to do a man's shoot :P

More importantly, I'm probably going to sneak over to Fauxdegla on Saturday to do their 100 bird registered ESK. I don't have a Skeet classification with the CPSA yet, so I think I'll whip in there before this classification period ends, get myself a quick B Class tag and hey presto, I'm in the money for 6 months. I'm going to storm into A Class for ESP so that'll be the end of the cash from B Class Sporting :sly:

Anybody fancy an afternoon on the side of a Welsh mountain peeing down your leg and shooting skeet, you're welcome to join me :huh:

Unless you're a bell end, in which case you can **** off :lol:

Edited by Chard

Right, I'm thinking ahead to next weekend as I know most of the usual tarts are washing their hair or something :sly:

I'm doing Grimsthorpe on Sunday, if anybody else has got the balls to do a man's shoot :P

More importantly, I'm probably going to sneak over to Fauxdegla on Saturday to do their 100 bird registered ESK. I don't have a Skeet classification with the CPSA yet, so I think I'll whip in there before this classification period ends, get myself a quick B Class tag and hey presto, I'm in the money for 6 months. I'm going to storm into A Class for ESP so that'll be the end of the cash from B Class Sporting :sly:

Anybody fancy an afternoon on the side of a Welsh mountain peeing down your leg and shooting skeet, you're welcome to join me :huh:

Unless you're a bell end, in which case you can **** off :lol:

If I had any skeet chokes and incontinence issues I'd give it a whirl :good: