How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

Took a trip up to JC Marsh today with Timps to meet Auntie and Paulos up there. Lovely ground and fantastic people too so will definitely be visiting there again :yes:

Ten stands of five pairs apiece meant that it was a case of one bad stand could ruin a potentially good card! Scores on the doors:

Paulos 91 - very steady throughout :good:

Nicky T 87 - no disasters just a card full of 8s and 9s

Auntie 83 - steady and ready for New Zealand :good:

Timps 78 - must have been missing Chard :lol:

The shoot was won by Ian Mullarky who arrived having shot 100 DTL at Spennymoor to finish on a 98 here :good:

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chard would have shot 29 i recon :lol::lol::lol:

Harsh but true Brian, harsh but true :lol:

Was going to go to Doveridge today but had a change of heart at the last minute and set off for Leadbrook Hall nr. Flint. Had taken a resident top shot's advice and bought some Hull Pro One fibre carts and he was spot on, could hardly tell the difference between them and my regular plaswad carts, soft on the shoulder, impressive kills and no sign of confetti.

Pity the fool pulling the trigger wasn't as able as the cartridges, finished on 79, ten stands of 5 pairs, 2 stands (the last 2) straightened, 2 with 1 away and a further 19 lost on the other 6 stands. Usual stuff, didn't look too difficult but the ******* wouldn't break :hmm::hmm:

Till next week!

Mr Potter

Went to Sport Trap at Rufforth today,a fairly tough shoot with some good combinations of targets :yes::good: 25,23,18,23 The 3rd layout really did trip everyone up :oops:

Nobody broke 90,which is ok in my opinion (if i wanted to shoot skeet i would) :hmm:

There was a really good turnout with good scoring throughout the classes and two of us shared the h/g prize on 89 :D:yes:

Azzurri.

Nicky T nice to meet you and Timps glad you liked the shoot JM is very hospitable and generous as well i ended up with an 83 had 2 bad stands.. stand 2 and 3 i only got 5 out of the 10 on each stand that spoilt my card but still a good morning out..At least Paulos turned up and didn't keep you waiting to long :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicky T nice to meet you and Timps glad you liked the shoot JM is very hospitable and generous as well i ended up with an 83 had 2 bad stands.. stand 2 and 3 i only got 5 out of the 10 on each stand that spoilt my card but still a good morning out..At least Paulos turned up and didn't keep you waiting to long :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep was good to meet up :good:

I thought it was a really nice venue & will definitely venture up there again, if only for the home made soup :yes:.

I shot terrible, I made a right mess of the first three stands with this silly notion the cheap fibre carts I had just bought were some how to blame. Once I got that out of my head I was putting 9 and 10 scores but the damage was well and truly done. Someone drew some nice frown faces on my zero's thought,which was nice :) as I hit the first pair missed the next three hit the last pair :o :blink:.

I also missed the 'red bird' and winning 250 carts doh........

So nick might be right and I also missed Chard :hmm:

Nice to meet you too Mike :yes::good:

I went to Longridge to shoot their "Extreme ESP" comp :lol:

Hardcore. Gale force wind, I couldn't stand still at times and I'm nearly 18 stone :lol::lol::lol:

Great fun but relentlessly hard, especially in that weather.

10 stands of 5 pairs, I got 6,6,6,4,4,5,4,4,7,7 :o for a scraped 53 <_<

Most of the field were in the 50's, if they got less, they didn't hand their cards in :P (it wasn't registered).

AA/AAA boys managed to get into the 60's. 69 was winning when I left.

Saw Emmsy's name on the board with a 61 and he's AAA, so it must have been bad :sly:

Good piece of ground, never been to Longridge before. Bit far to go for an ordinary registered, but I'd go back for this Extreme ESP again.

I think he does it a couple of times or so during the year :good:

Edited by Chard

Hardcore. Gale force wind, I couldn't stand still at times and I'm nearly 18 stone :lol::lol::lol:

Most of the field were in the 50's, if they got less, they didn't hand their cards in :P (it wasn't registered).

Saw Emmsy's name on the board with a 61 and he's AAA, so it must have been bad :sly:

Good piece of ground, never been to Longridge before. Bit far to go for an ordinary registered, but I'd go back for this Extreme ESP again.

I expect I'd have got about 96. <_<

Shugborough today for me along with Whiskymac and Azzurri. I shot well below my best to card a 74, Whiskymac did a cracking 70 :good: and Azzurri a storming 88 :yes::good:

Some tough stands today Nicky with the windy conditions. I was on for a 97 with two stands to shoot and missed 4 on satand 11 very wind effected & missed 1 on 12 to finish on 92,

I went back and shot stand 11 again & put CS 9s in and straighted it so it shows you what them 9s will kill.

Regards K

Rich you will have to get some practice in cus I think Longridge have the iner-counties this year> your right about a long way to go to shoot 10 stands of 10, I did it last year but its difficult enough without the wind to shoot extreme sporting.

Some tough stands today Nicky with the windy conditions. I was on for a 97 with two stands to shoot and missed 4 on satand 11 very wind effected & missed 1 on 12 to finish on 92,

I went back and shot stand 11 again & put CS 9s in and straighted it so it shows you what them 9s will kill.

Regards K

Well shot Keith - especially in that wind :yes: Did you get high gun with your 92? :hmm:

There were some tough stands but I didn't do them justice today. Very interesting layout today and well worth the visit :good:

Regards K

That's a heck of a score in those winds Keith. :good:

When I was on stand 12 I heard somebody say 'Keith said take the quartering bird last', was that you? The fella I saw try it hit one pair like that and missed one pair (didn't see his others).

That's a heck of a score in those winds Keith. :good:

When I was on stand 12 I heard somebody say 'Keith said take the quartering bird last', was that you? The fella I saw try it hit one pair like that and missed one pair (didn't see his others).

No whiskymac not me I did a 9 on stand 12 & that edge on quartering away bird needed to be shot quick before the wind forced it down.

This was shooting a new gun as I just brought another Perazzi MX2000s 1/2 & 3/4 fixed choke, very happy :D:D:D

No whiskymac not me I did a 9 on stand 12 & that edge on quartering away bird needed to be shot quick before the wind forced it down.

This was shooting a new gun as I just brought another Perazzi MX2000s 1/2 & 3/4 fixed choke, very happy :D:D:D

I did wonder, it sounded crazy to leave it until it was further out as it was so quick.

Nice gun by the way. :good:

Shugborough for me today for my weekly fix.

Thoroughly enjoyed the shoot,the targets were good :yes::good:

Dropped 5 targets on stand 1 :oops: then woke up and got stuck in to finish on 88.

Shot round with Nicky T and Whiskeymac,well done in difficult conditions :good:

The "Man of the Match" award has to go to Keith Claybuster,very well shot indeed :yes::yes:

P.S I'm only 11 stone and find it helps if I turn sideways to the wind :P:lol::lol:

Azzurri.

Shugborough for me today for my weekly fix.

Thoroughly enjoyed the shoot,the targets were good :yes::good:

Dropped 5 targets on stand 1 :oops: then woke up and got stuck in to finish on 88.

Shot round with Nicky T and Whiskeymac,well done in difficult conditions :good:

The "Man of the Match" award has to go to Keith Claybuster,very well shot indeed :yes::yes:

P.S I'm only 11 stone and find it helps if I turn sideways to the wind :P:lol::lol:

Azzurri.

Cracking effort mate. :good:

Oh I'm not that much heavier than you and it didn't bloomin help me turning sideways. :lol:

Will I ever learn???? Listened to/watched the weather forecast and believed that it would be pouring down all day at both Shugborough or Kegworth(FITASC). After getting a good soaking yesterday afternoon/evening whilst out roost shooting (that's another post for another time) I decided to give today a miss.

Well here at Warrington it didn't rain until about 5PM but it was quite windy, assumed it was the same at Shugborough & Kegworth so that was another Sunday wasted, and I had money to pick up from Shugborough.

Hey ho, might have to take 1/2 a days leave and go to either Catton Hall, MCSC (Worsley Grange) or Blackpool on Wednesday, roost shooting again on Saturday and either Kingsley Moor or Fauxdegla next Sunday. All these are weather permitting but do I believe the forecast :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Mr Potter