spaniel pups

monster1971

hi all

my springer bitch had her pups last night

we have one liver and white

five brown

and a pure white bitch

i have never seen a pure white spaniel before has anybody else is this rare

also two of the brown bitches were born at the same time the first one apeared with no sac and the next was right behind her

all pups and mother doing well

they have all been to vets for a check up today and all are healthy

the vet thinks the white one may have some colour as she gets older

i would put some pictures on but some *** hole thinks that it is ugly so i had better not in case it frightens him

i ask you, have you ever met someone that thinks a puppy is ugly unless they hate dogs that is?

they have all been to vets for a check up today and all are healthy

the vet thinks the white one may have some colour as she gets older

i would put some pictures on but some *** hole thinks that it is ugly so i had better not in case it frightens him

i ask you, have you ever met someone that thinks a puppy is ugly unless they hate dogs that is?

come on,everyone is entitled to an opinion,however i'd also be interested in seeing some pics.i personally like different dogs,i've owned as a pet only a full liver springer with only a tear drop of white on the back of his kneck and have a fox red lab

glad the pups are all healthy :good:

I do not know anything about dogs, but I do know a good dog when I see it working, I have seen both parents of these puppies working and *****y good dogs they are too.

The puppies should be great working dogs if they take after the parents.

Lets see some pictures, I think my wife is softening, and who knows I may be allowed an early bithday present.

And for those Alpha Males around, yes I am in charge in my home, my wife has given me permission.

Edited by bakerboy

i was confused by the solid liver,brown or chocolate whatever you prefer, so these pups are sprockers.. i think the solid white one will get colour in it as it grows also. with the cocker could possibly be a roan.

good luck rehoming them and its good to hear both parents are grafters, will these be getting docked? get a picture up bud, I wasn't being nasty but I thought the pups to be Springers initially, and I prefer the traditional markings with coloured head and so on...total different kettle of fish when they are sprockers..solid colours are the norm..

sorry if i caused offence thats not my style.

RS

getting dogs docked in this neck of the woods is a nightmare we have spoken to three different vets and none will do it

according to defra it has to be done within five days but according to the vet its 24 hours or 2 days (depending on vet) and all dogs have to be gauranteed to be working dogs with supporting evidence from the owners.

which doesnt give much time for new owners to choose and book in for docking

our vet even said that he was unaware if the practice even had the equiptment to carry out the op

i think they are just trying their best to discourage the practice

never mind that lily AND the stud have both been to the vet with badly cut tails

What part of the world are you in?

Have you tried contacting the council for docked breeds via their website? They should be able to advise of a suitable vet for you.

Failing that your local Gundog group.

Peter and Maxine from Kimmax Gwp's dock theirs and are running a bit of a campaign on docking. They could give you some good advice.

I just checked and it's ok to dock x breeds of spaniels in England but in Wales you can't dock combinations of spaniels. Has to be pure bread.

They have to be under 5 days old and have evidence of working intent.

Harry

Got a springer bitch pregnant by my cocker dog and the only proof my local vet asked of working intent was that i took along my shot gun cert. No mention of pedegrees/papers etc.

Should have added. Nice litter monster as long as they work the colour don't matter.

Edited by hambone