pre made hide

number 1

i went out today to bulid a hide for saterday on some rape i dont the same a few weeks and ago and have left it there eversince.but today i moved it 30yards up the hedge

i found that the pigeons were not as wary as usal becuase the hide had been there for a few days

If you have exclusive access to shooting land, the building of a few permanent hides in known hot spots is a great idea.

I have cut some into the hedgerows (with permission), where there is some thick ivy growth on old tree trunks.

Apart from gaining the pigeons confidence, they are perfect for short sessions, when you don,t want to lug all your gear on to the field.

If you look on a straw bale hide, that has been left on a field, I guarantee you will see pigeon droppings where they have been sitting on it.

I have a couple of bale hides on my shoot, they are comfortable, warm and convenient. I agree totally with Cranfield that a permanent bale hide soon becomes a popular perch.

Even after continuous heavy shooting the birds dont get wary of the hide due to the hides being harmless whenever they are not in use.

One hide I have even has floor boards and a bin, the boards prevent the floor becomming a wet muddy mess in winter. The bin is superb for all those empty shells and cartridge boxes etc.

I've got two permanent hides in the hedge of a particular clover field that is usually very productive. I've made up a bench in them with a length of scaffolding plank about three feet long, and the camo net is stock fencing that is staked up, with weeds and ivy being trained up it. It's a good thick hedge, and provides me with a nice canopy. These hides are brilliant for a short session, gun, ammo, and deeks are all thats needed. Best of all, the farmer assures me that this field will never be put under the plough, so I'm hopeful that these hides will be of service to me for a while yet.

went badly. got there at about 9am and set up probly about 50 on the field.after a few mins some came back but not in great numbers shot 6 5rooks 1crow and 2 jackdoors was there till 5pm the birds just went on to another firld about 1/2 mile away(could see them with my eye) but there you go IM going to try the other field on sat (rape) aas it has not bin shot this year