Dog food

Boromir

Before the new year I was feeding my dogs cheap dog food wagg bakers etc. Now looked on a website that said dog food that you buy from the supermarket or Purina which is the parent company of Bakers etc. fill there foods with ****. So I decided that my dogs are worth more than that so I went to a local pet store and bought a 15kg bag of Burns Chicken and rice costing ?43.

I noticed the difference straight away they had more energy and they seem happier than ever there coats are looking healthier by the day.

No way am I going to give them that cheap stuff again as they say you get what you pay for.

But there are hundreds of different dog foods out there and I'm wondering if the pigeonwatch people can recommend any I'm looking for high meat contents and no wheat. If possible you can order it online as well.

Thanks for reading and for the help in advance.

I have been feeding my dogs eukanuba for 12 years and they do very well on it. I have started my Jack Russell pup on Royal Canin and he seems to like it.

They are both premium feeds and cost quite a lot but when you work out how much of the cheep food you have to feed compared to the good stuff it's not so expensive.

Harry

i also have used eukanuba since my lab was a pup have tried some others and he either refused point blank to eat it or when he did it didnt agree with him and his coat never looked as good so i have gone back to the rocket fuel and he looks better for it and seems much happier, although i did use science plan too and that was just as good to be honest

mine get about 500g of raw tripe and a handful of top notch compleat for the vits and minerals seems to level there heads. this is only a guide line as it may be more or less depending on how hard there worked.

You're under-doing it on the vitamins and minerals. Think about it, if a 20kg dog needs 200g of complete food to get all it needs, then a 50g handful is not going to be enough. It's erroneous logic!

You're under-doing it on the vitamins and minerals. Think about it, if a 20kg dog needs 200g of complete food to get all it needs, then a 50g handful is not going to be enough. It's erroneous logic!

what about the 500g of raw trip he feeds with it though, you don't need to feed 200g of dried food and half a kilo of tripe.

Mine is on chudleys working dog and some wet food to make it more interesting and no issues, will still work all day with no problems at all, and the day after and the day after that :lol:

Tripe seems to be good for putting on weight but I'm sure I read somewhere that it's not that great in terms of the nutrients it provides.

Arden Grange is a good food with good meat content, the cheapest place I found to buy it was Berriwood Wholesale and it could be got for about £25 a bag.

Mine are on Skinners Duck & Rice now cause my mate supplies it, they are doing as well if not better on it than they did on AG.

Have a look at CSJ there web address is www.csjk9.com i used to use Iams then moved after reading a thread on here i feed a Rotty and a Spriger for £22 every 8 weeks and they are both in tip top condition coats are excelllent and there **** is hard.

I used Oscar Pet foods for 8 years and it was also very good and i would say CSJ is better and more value for money.