ESSEX MASTERS BOOKING THREAD

Mungler

This is the 2011 Essex Masters booking thread. The plan will be to enter a couple of squads for early doors Saturday 9th April. It's a 200 bird layout, set over a morning 100 bird course and an afternoon 100 bird course. There are no cartridge restrictions worth worrying about and you don't need to be a member of the CPSA.

The drill will be the same as before - meet up at that dreadful Cafe before hand in Halsted High Street and then get to the ground.

Halstead Cafe

62 High St,

Halstead

CO9 2JG

01787 478548 ‎

If you want to come and shoot the Essex Masters then say yes, stick your name down below and send me a PM with your name, address and mobile phone number.

I will let this run for two weeks and then place the booking with John Dyson.

You will be booked in your own name against your own address and if you don't turn up then I am sure Mrs. Dyson or Dyson (not so) Junior will pay you a visit to collect the entry fees.

I will add to this thread once I know how much the entry fee will be and can get one of the technical people to put a link up for the location of the clay ground.

The list of attendees so far:

1. Mungler

2. Chard

3. MC

4. Timps

5. Poontang

6. Markio

7. Anni

8. The Bobster

9. Broken Man

10. Tosspot

11. Evil Elvis

12. Anita

Well that's hetro team 1 sorted anyways.

Edited by Mungler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the benefit of those who've not shot this event before, (and Mung, who's shot a couple..Wow):

Entry fee £75 for 200 birds

You will be squadded

You can use a semi auto

You can use plaswads

You can use 36 gram bombers, if you think you'll gain any advantage.. :hmm:

It's NOT CPSA Registered, but if you've been classified by the CPSA in Sporting at any time in the past, you will shoot in that class.

Targets are generally good, but most Newbies will fall to bits over the last 50 birds or so as it's difficult to keep the concentration going.

I'm already booked in to shoot on the first squad out on the final day.

Cat.

Edited by Dunkield

Cat,

I've never shot a registered sporting shoot in my life, although I do have a skeet classification from about 2 years ago. I haven't been a member of CPSA for 2 years. Do I have to declare my skeet classification, or would I be unclassified as it's a sporting shoot? :hmm:

Serious question.

seriously on the subject of the Essex masters, using last year as an example

how long on average does it take to shoot from start to finish

is there a lot of waiting time between stands

also how difficult would you rate it for a novice who has never shot a registered and mainly shoots strawbalers with 65%-70%

But to answer your questions it will take you most of a day to shoot it, it is 2 x 100 birds courses shot one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

We usually are the first squad out at 9.00AM and we are usually done by 3.00PM ish. It is well organised and run and there is usually no waiting, or if there is then it won't be for long.

It will be a bit tougher than your average Haybale shoot and you may "cockout" on a stand or two but that is what it is all about.

Ooooh not the "srawbaler" word, Cat will be along shortly....

But to answer, none of the questions you have raised matter - get out and shoot it. Shoot it with friends and that way if you tank out then at least you can have a nice day out shooting with your mates.

That's what I told Anita yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think she's going to be asking you the same questions :P

also how difficult would you rate it for a novice who has never shot a registered and mainly shoots strawbalers with 65%-70%

As Mung says just shoot it.

I shoot very few clays and shot it for the first time last year. It was a cracking day and considering my gun failed and I ended up using two others to finish the course I certainly didn't disgrace myself.

There's nothing there to be scared of.

Very well run, very few queues and a good day out. :good:

Ooooh not the "srawbaler" word, Cat will be along shortly....

Well, what more can I say, the "Essex Experts" have answered it all.

You should allow a full day to shoot it, watch carefully the guys that are shooting in front of you, because there are always a few deceptively fast or slow birds.

You'll have a great time, and hopefully learn a lot, provided you're not stuck behind the dodgy brief from Billericay or the Village Idiot from Mersea Island Marshes. :lol:

Cat.