ESSEX MASTERS BOOKING THREAD

Mungler

Just giving this the final bump up before booking at the end of the week.

EDIT.

One for Catamong >>here<<:

Page 2, Section 2B(iii):

A suggestion was made by GW to return members who have not shot any registered scores for a certain length of time to an unclassified status. JGP was in full agreement with this idea but queried how and when this could be affected. PT felt that 12 months time was a workable deadline. When asked by TRB if, in principle, dormant members should no longer be included in the classification ratings, all present were in favour.

I haven't laughed quite so hard in a long time...

Edited by Mungler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just giving this the final bump up before booking at the end of the week.

EDIT.

One for Catamong >>here<<:

Page 2, Section 2B(iii):

A suggestion was made by GW to return members who have not shot any registered scores for a certain length of time to an unclassified status. JGP was in full agreement with this idea but queried how and when this could be affected. PT felt that 12 months time was a workable deadline. When asked by TRB if, in principle, dormant members should no longer be included in the classification ratings, all present were in favour.

I haven't laughed quite so hard in a long time...

It seems logical. I bet your shooting has really gone downhill with those thousands upon thousands of clays you've shot since gaining your A Class status. Have fun whooping all those genuine beginners :good::rolleyes:

It seems logical. I bet your shooting has really gone downhill with those thousands upon thousands of clays you've shot since gaining your A Class status. Have fun whooping all those genuine beginners :good::rolleyes:

Sorry, I was just looking at the official position from the CPSA, not "Catamong drivel".

That's the official rules from the official clay shooting organisation, right there.

Since I don't shoot any registered events, it doesn't effect me anyway :yes:

Sorry, I was just looking at the official position from the CPSA, not "Catamong drivel".

That's the official rules from the official clay shooting organisation, right there.

Since I don't shoot any registered events, it doesn't effect me anyway :yes:

So will you be choosing to shoot the Essex Masters in A Class or U/C from now on then?

Well, Catamong has blathered on about never losing a CPSA classification even when shooting non CPSA events. Now we know that's wrong on both accounts.

I ain't fussed what classification I shoot the Masters under - hell, I'll leave it to Cat to decide. A CPSA rule dilema for him....

Well, Catamong has blathered on about never losing a CPSA classification even when shooting non CPSA events. Now we know that's wrong on both accounts.

I ain't fussed what classification I shoot the Masters under - hell, I'll leave it to Cat to decide. A CPSA rule dilema for him....

Doh............They're talking about a proposed rule change here, it ain't happened yet, so as at the date of the shoot, you will still be shooting in "A" class, which is exactly as it should be. :good:

This proposed change just indicates how out of touch a few of the CPSA Board members are, it's a sandbaggers charter, no wonder entries to the Major Sporting events continue to decline.

Cat.

So by applying the dumb*** northern logic that you seem to have noone ever goes down a class then? Once you reach the dizzy heights of your ability, that is it? no matter how you shoot you keep your class like herpes? And I thought students were supposedly intelligent.

So will you be choosing to shoot the Essex Masters in A Class or U/C from now on then?

If the way U/C shooters are worked out works properly it should make no odds what class you shoot in as your performance over whatever stands are picked will dictate what class you should go into.

If he is no longer in A class or a member of the CPSA then why should he shoot in A Class? Although as I said it shouldn't make any difference.

Martin, it doesn't matter - those are the CPSA *rules* as ratified and approved by the duly nominated and elected board of Directors.

I wouldn't want to knowingly break the CPSA rules, even if it was at a non CPSA clay event :blink: - I would never hear the end of it from Cat. Mind you, we know he can get it wrong and he gets a bit confused, it's his age.

Edited by Mungler

Just shoot in C Class Andy, it is normally so full of sandbaggers that shoot better than most of A class anyway it really makes no difference.

Mind you I do know a certain B class shooter who was within less than 1 clay per stand from a certain England Exspurt hasbeen :lol:

All those miles and cartridges really paid off there didn't they? :lol: :lol:

Just shoot in C Class Andy, it is normally so full of sandbaggers that shoot better than most of A class anyway it really makes no difference.

Mind you I do know a certain B class shooter who was within less than 1 clay per stand from a certain England Exspurt hasbeen :lol:

All those miles and cartridges really paid off there didn't they? :lol: :lol:

Wow..........did a "B" class shooter really get within 24 birds of my score......I'm quaking in my boots, I'm gonna have to relegate myself to those dodgy straw bale shoots, JJ's here I come............gutted..!!

Cat.

Wow..........did a "B" class shooter really get within 24 birds of my score......I'm quaking in my boots, I'm gonna have to relegate myself to those dodgy straw bale shoots, JJ's here I come............gutted..!!

Cat.

I knew you would see sense eventually,

And actually it was more than one B class shooter within 21 birds of your score. Standards are slipping dear boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by MC

So by applying the dumb*** northern logic that you seem to have noone ever goes down a class then? Once you reach the dizzy heights of your ability, that is it? no matter how you shoot you keep your class like herpes? And I thought students were supposedly intelligent.

If the way U/C shooters are worked out works properly it should make no odds what class you shoot in as your performance over whatever stands are picked will dictate what class you should go into.

If he is no longer in A class or a member of the CPSA then why should he shoot in A Class? Although as I said it shouldn't make any difference.

Good grief :rolleyes: I'm not even going to bother - if I had a dog half as stupid as you, I'd ******* shoot it. :yes:

I didn't think you would be able to answer,

Not as clever as you like to think you are, are you?

I certainly am, I just have no inclination to explain this to somebody who should already know better. I appreciate that as you are writing these posts, you are probably rocking back and forth on your chair, pinching your chubby flanks and honking "I've got 'em this time". Unfortunately however, I have little to no interest in talking to you about any subject. "MC" is fairly high on my list of things I couldn't care one iota about. Sorry to disappoint. :/

Yes you are quite right I should (And do) know better. Which is why you comment about Andy not improving since he was last classified was so wrong.

He could also have shot badly in all those clays since joining A class and could well be in C class.

So as I said if the U/C classification works as it should it won't make any difference what class he shoots in, will it?

Although it does seem you are incapable of answering a post of mine without throwing insults about. Is that really necessary?

After all I don't remember you being quite as near your "IDEAL WEIGHT" as you could be. :lol: :lol:

Just to throw in a completely irrelevant aside :P I was Googling for some **** this morning, looking for some official stuff on the Essex Masters.

The power of Pigeon Watch - high up in the Google rankings, there was a link to a 2007 PW Essex Masters/Essex Mafia thread. This was the first year that the Mafia had shot the Masters, though evidently Cat had been doing it since it first started.

What a difference. The thread was a very amusing load of FRIENDLY banter and even the Mafia and Cat were congratulating each other on their scores and offering advice. No argey-bargey.

Maybe I'm getting old :rolleyes: