Internet Servers

johnny

I have a problem with my server in that sometimes it dead slow or cuts me off, it seems to be worse at certain times of the day ie 6pm-10pm. I dont know if this is because alot more people go online or what. I'am on freeserve pay as you go so it's just on my phone bill so maybe I don't get the best service as I don't pay a monthly fee.

What do you find and do you pay and what service do you use.

thank you

John

I Have just gone over to freeserve from A.O.hell. I pay a monthly fee

I know what you mean about it being slow, This is due to too many people being online at the same time. I find that if I log on and leave the comp for 3 to 4 mins before i try to find a site it does speed up a little.

freeserve starts off at £6.99 a month for the first 3 months then goes up to £15 per month

However if you can justify broadband then this is the better option, especially if you want to download lots of files <_<

I have Freeserve Broadband and it costs £27.99 per month.

Worth every penny.

Permanently connected at 576.0 Kbps. Nothing else to pay. <_<

You can test your connection and compare it with others at http://www.adslguide.org.uk

Nildram seems to come out best at the moment, but I suspect that it is all a question of quarts and pint pots. As a service gets more users, the slower it will get.

I'm on NT HELL, which costs me about £25 a month, but god help you if you ever get a problem, you've got more chance of seeing a flock of pigs fly past your window than you ever have of getting any customer service from them...!!!

P.S. What shot size should I use on a sow...:D............AAA...SG...BB .....:D???????????????

<_<:) B) :lol::lol::lol::lol::P:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am in the telecoms game and believe me BT are as bad as NTL, that said I would move over to BT Broaband as quick as a flash if it was supplied in my area. Not really had any problems with NTL so far except for a couple of days down time, which doesnt cause that many problems. Still kick up a fuss all the same though.