Courteenhall Shooting Ground / School

majordisorder

Anyone tried this place near Northampton?

Spoke to the guy who runs it today and it's a private facility where you have exclusive use of the grounds. Sounded pretty good but has anyone shot / had a lesson there?

hi mate

ive heard of the place but never been ,a mate of mine took lessons there some time back

i tend to go to sporting targets

with some mates ,but always up to going to new places.i had lessons at sywell

but havent been back for a while.

a mate of mine took lessons there some time back

I crawl past this ground every morning as I'm queueing to get over the M1 and have often wondered what lies beyond the gate. Their website seems to be u/s and not a lot on the net that I can find. I too would be interested to know if they are still going and if so, what the coaching is like.

I think this is the place Terry Fricker operates his coaching business from. If I recall correctly he runs shooting & coaching stands at country fair type things. I've seen the metal gate open sometimes, I assume when some coaching is going on, I don't think there's an open to all shooting ground there though.

It's certainly still running and open Monday to Saturday 9 - 2 but you have to book in advance for sole use of the ground. Cost is £55 / hour with unlimited clays. I'm really interested in giving it a go but just wanted to see if anyone had tried it first before taking the plunge.

Anyone up for a joint session there?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

spoke to John ... hes well and busy ... But had a slot for today

After a pleasant session at Courteen I mentioned the closed gates ... John pointed to his 3rd new generator in a short time and mentioned that the estate has

contractors on site so he hoped gate closure might discourage casual wanderers given that his work is by apointment ....

Edited by seeker