Jump to content



Recommended Posts

a brass or steel choke guage, mnost gun shops have them for about £8.


Most guns don't have them marked on the barrel as many folk get them gunsmithhed to different sizes.


On o/u they are typically 1/4 and 1/2 or 1/4 qnd 3/4, but occasionally you get all sorts of combos including skeet/skeet, 1/4, 1/4 or 1/2 and full.


Only real way to check is to use a choke guage or micrometer. any decent bloke in a gunshop will do this for you for free if you ask him nicely,


bindi :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yep !


and if you want to prove it ,take say a Browning that you know is choked half and say a rizzini which is half,and drop a choke gauge down each of there barrels,


you'll get a different reading!


although both guns may shoot a pattern that is half choke.


choke is about patterns and percentages of pellets at a given distance,NOT diameter at the end of the barrel.


All the best Mick.

Edited by Fenlander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

micrometer? :lol: they are for mesuring external sizes. Youl need a Vernier gauge for that.

Or a nice simple cheap choke gauge which fits into the muzzel, and depending on which depth it goes to, will tell you the gauge of the choke.



External micrometers measure external sizes.


Internal micrometers measure internal sizes.


or at least they did last time I used one. :lol::lol:



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...