has any one tried this ammo

This ammo, in my opinion, is excellent. I have used it in 22-250, .243. and .308 calibers and have found it to be very accurate.

You can't compare it to the match quality ammo, but for the price, and for vermin control, it's brilliant.

I home load for the first two calibers mentioned above, and I have found that the PRVI ammo is very close to my homeloads in accuracy. Plus, the brass is excellent quality to re-use for re-loading.

Steve.

Tried it in my 243 and struggled to get a 2 inch group but then I couldnt do much better with Remington accutips which are twice the price. Homeload now and have loads in 85grain, 87grains and 100grain that are spot on. Best give it a go, what can you loose.

I don't use anything else now, brilliant ammo. I've paid a lot more for a lot worse. Works well out to 600yds in my 7.62.

Don't confuse cheap price with cheap quality. The privi factory is one of the most up to date factories in the world and they supply a lot of the components to the other manufactures who charge a lot more for their ammo. This is a growing trend in the ammo world. The name on the outside of the box is no indication of who actually made it, but obviously the other manufacturers like to keep that quiet.

Edited by Vince Green

All guns are different. My 6.5x55 used to shoot it quite well, about an inch at 100 yards. My .243 on the other hand doesn't like it much and manages about 2" at 100. It will kill a Deer at sensible ranges and I'm using it to get the cases, but it's not the best.

I don't think it's that badly made, in fact it's quite reasonable. It all comes down to whether your rifle likes it because every gun is different! Don't buy a huge batch until you've tried it would be my advice too.

The 40 cases I had after using them I used for my starting point when reloading. The cases are OK but I cant rave about em like many do. Compared with some federal brass I used along side them they needed full resizing more quickly and the necks suffered dinks and creases (though not splits) within as little as 4 reloads ( don't load hot loads ) I know many will carry on using brass with dinks in but I chuck any with deffects. You get what you pay for and if it works well in your gun fine and its brilliant for the money, but in my experienc I don't think the quality can be compared with more expensive ammunition.

All guns are different. My 6.5x55 used to shoot it quite well, about an inch at 100 yards. My .243 on the other hand doesn't like it much and manages about 2" at 100. It will kill a Deer at sensible ranges and I'm using it to get the cases, but it's not the best.

I don't think it's that badly made, in fact it's quite reasonable. It all comes down to whether your rifle likes it because every gun is different! Don't buy a huge batch until you've tried it would be my advice too.

Thats good advice with any ammo

Anyone recommend any good PRVI stockists in the East Midlands? I've got a hungry .303 to feed!

Henry Kranks import them but they are £60+ in .303 for x100 and it's a fair trek to N.Yorks, just wondering if there are any to be had for less than that?

I finally got round to testing the 100gr Privi in .243 yesterday. My Sako 85 does not like them. They don't group and also the bolt feels different, stiffer as I run it forward and close it down.

I only bought one box, no nothing to lose really. I might try one box of the 90gr before writing them off though.

Anyone recommend any good PRVI stockists in the East Midlands? I've got a hungry .303 to feed!

Henry Kranks import them but they are £60+ in .303 for x100 and it's a fair trek to N.Yorks, just wondering if there are any to be had for less than that?

The last lot I bought in .303 was last summer at Bisley and it was £10ish a box but it is creeping up in price

Edited by Vince Green

I finally got round to testing the 100gr Privi in .243 yesterday. My Sako 85 does not like them. They don't group and also the bolt feels different, stiffer as I run it forward and close it down.

I only bought one box, no nothing to lose really. I might try one box of the 90gr before writing them off though.

Do try the 90grn before you give up on it, the twist on your rifle may not like the heavier bullet.

Kynoch sell remanufactured 303 ammunition and is similarly priced (they disasemble old rounds,mix all the powder up and stick it all back together-albeit on a large scale).I think cheap 303 milsurp has almost dried up,but im led to believe there is Pakastani/Indian stuff about somewhere.

303 British is definetly a reload option.

A lot of the old mil-surp .303 is rough. It had been stored for decades in warehouses at 100+ degree temperatures in places like India and Pakistan and is cooked. Its a waste of money.

If you are going to shoot your rifle you want to give yourself a chance. Privi or S&B in my experience both shoots well in a .303 and won't break the bank.

The .303 is actually one of the hardest calibres to reload well. I don't know why it should be so hard. You can get mediocre results quite easily but good results are very elusive. You end up doing a lot of load testing and get a lot of disapointments.

Edited by Vince Green

PRVI is without doubt the best "budget" ammo I have used and it suits my .223, .243 and .308. It is capable of 1" in all mine and I use it pretty much all the time for field use these days (unless someone knocks me up some home brews)!

Be advised, not all barrels like it, so invest in small numbers first, but many are pleasantly surprised by the results! :good:

A lot of the old mil-surp .303 is rough. It had been stored for decades in warehouses at 100+ degree temperatures in places like India and Pakistan and is cooked. Its a waste of money.

If you are going to shoot your rifle you want to give yourself a chance. Privi or S&B in my experience both shoots well in a .303 and won't break the bank.

The .303 is actually one of the hardest calibres to reload well. I don't know why it should be so hard. You can get mediocre results quite easily but good results are very elusive. You end up doing a lot of load testing and get a lot of disapointments.

Shows ammunition dont like severe heat.I've got 60 odd year old Russian and German stuff which is damn near perfect-sort of!

Edited by Imperfection

Do try the 90grn before you give up on it, the twist on your rifle may not like the heavier bullet.

I could not agree more, my .243 T3 Hunter gets fed PRVI 90g SP, and gets on VERY well with them, but even though our barrels may be "bedfellows" your Sako may still not like them.

Worth a box to try in my view!

Strangely, I still have some Sako .243 rounds I got when I bought my Tikka, I can hardly close the bolt with them, PRVI are still tight but not as tight as the Sako!

Oh I will do, though the gun shoots 100gr Federal Powershok very well.

I just got some used reloading kit too, so once I get the time I will go through it all, pick up whatever else I need (plus books and advice) and have a go!

The last lot I bought in .303 was last summer at Bisley and it was £10ish a box but it is creeping up in price

Sounds promising, some of the folk down my Target club practically live there so I'll see if they might land me some. Was it PRVI?