Axe

Which length of Bi-Pod do you prefer  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which length of Bi-Pod do you prefer

• Harris Style 6-9"
    • Harris Style 9-13"
    • Harris Style 12-25"
    • Harris Style 13.5-27"

I voted 9-13, as thats the one i have on my .223 and find it very usefull.

Im thinking of getting the 12- to 25 one, to put on my .223 at some stage, i have the 9-13 on it at the moment, but might transfer that to my .22lr.

Very usefull tool to aid steadyness in my opinion. :rolleyes::D

The thing to watch for when putting one on, is to check your zero afterwards, as it might fire to a different point of impact. :thumbs:

Axe,

I notice you said " some".

Wise decision :rolleyes:

How tall are you ?

I am 6'4", and have had to have the the largest Harris extended by about 3". That one suits me when I am walking/lamping and I just kneel down for the shots.

The 9x13 is the one I have for those lovely days when I am taking prone shots only. Ah bliss ... I just love a target rich environment .

Whichever you get make sure it has the swivel facility.

:thumbs:

I will if the budget provides, get Harris over the Rockmounts, either way it will be the swivel version. I have tried the Versa Pod and really didnt like them. The Pods I have at the moment are doing the job for now. However they do not provide the stability of a Harris.

How tall are you ?

A very good point Sniper

I have and voted for the 13.5-27" ...........S25C is the correct identification :rolleyes:

I'm 6'-1"

I also have the 9-13" which is vertually on full extension when lying prone .......Have tried them both on the .223 for 200yds + zeroing and I can tell you the difference in stability gained by the larger harris is unbelievable ........You can also elevate your firing point to sitting position as well :thumbs:

I would imagine the 9-13" would be more suited for you as according to SL you are a short **** :D

Ive ;)

Almost forgot ..........The Swivel type are the S-SERIES

I take stick when stalking and use them for lying down and standing shots. I wouldn't use a bipod for stalking.

Enligten us why would you not use a bipod when stalking?

Dave

Because i haven't found a bipod that extends to nearly 6 foot.

Its easier to shoot off sticks when stalking. Less movement. Weight. Dont need them when in a highseat.Safer shot shooting down rather than up. Can use the sticks to steady binoculars while scanning the area.

I suppose i would only use a bipod when i was waiting for deer in a certain spot that didn't have a highseat.

No sorry i wouldn't do that either, i'd use a highseat or get of my **** and stalk it :rolleyes:

I have 2 harris Bipods, the normal one and the 27". Now I'm only using the 13-27" because it gives me the best results. The terrain where I'm shooting is very hilly and a few times I couldn't take a shot laying down with the short version. With the 27" it is possible to take the shot whilst sitting. Shots up to 200 yards are no problem like that. Most sattisfaction of it I had last year, sitting in my Ghillie suit in front of thick cover on the top of a hill, the roebuck was chasing a doe down in the valley, after doing his job, I did mine. I didn't have to move an inch, took the shot (150 yards) sitting on my **** with the Bipod on full lenght. Wouldn't use any other model.

I take stick when stalking and use them for lying down and standing shots. I wouldn't use a bipod for stalking.

Enligten us why would you not use a bipod when stalking?

Dave

Because i haven't found a bipod that extends to nearly 6 foot.

Its easier to shoot off sticks when stalking. Less movement. Weight. Dont need them when in a highseat.Safer shot shooting down rather than up. Can use the sticks to steady binoculars while scanning the area.

I suppose i would only use a bipod when i was waiting for deer in a certain spot that didn't have a highseat.

No sorry i wouldn't do that either, i'd use a highseat or get of my **** and stalk it :rolleyes:

Do you never stalk on your belt buckle i.e. crawl in to range of your deer? The deer I have shot have been off of the bipod.

Red dear thats part of my thinking behind going for the 23-24.

Dave

Edited by Devilishdave

Do you never stalk on your belt buckle i.e. crawl in to range of your deer? The deer I have shot have been off of the bipod.

I have plenty of times but still never felt the need to carry the extra weight of a bipod around "just incase".

Its easy enough to stalk to the field edge and shoot from a standing postion. Like i said i have never personally had the need for a bipod whilst stalking as i use whatever is available to me at the time(tree, fence post etc)

Only had to take 2 shots that i can think of lying down and both times i used the shooting sticks upside down just like a bipod. Using the sticks to scan around with the binoculars is very useful too

Thats what works for me anyway and we all have our own way of doing things!

I have plenty of times but still never felt the need to carry the extra weight of a bipod around "just incase".

Its easy enough to stalk to the field edge and shoot from a standing postion. Like i said i have never personally had the need for a bipod whilst stalking as i use whatever is available to me at the time(tree, fence post etc)

Only had to take 2 shots that i can think of lying down and both times i used the shooting sticks upside down just like a bipod. Using the sticks to scan around with the binoculars is very useful too

Thats what works for me anyway and we all have our own way of doing things!

oooooooops i read it wrong......its been a long day!!!

Never crawl around when stalking. Do you stalk the scottish hills???