Laws on blank firing pistols...

Chezney

Nope not illiegle

Just DO NOT CARRY IN PUBLIC!!!!!

Or we will have another face on the front page of the newspaper.. and another sad day accross the nation.

Ammunition should if possible be put somewhere out of sight, and do not allow the gun into youngsters hands as they could get into a whole world of hurt if they run off to show there mates..

Heres mine :D they are good fun.. though I need to flog one as I have to many :thumbs:

project1010.jpg

project1009.jpg

project1012.jpg

project1013.jpg

Darn loud! :rolleyes:

Staring pistols/blank firing pistols has been discussed on here a few times, might be worth a Search.

I have a .22 blank firing revolver starting pistol, I use it for scaring pigeons rather than waste a cartridge, its also a hangover from my dog training days.

The FO saw it in my gun cabinet and said never to carry it on my person in public, never leave it in my vehicle, on display or not, never to use it in a public place and I would escape the close attention of the Armed Response Unit.

Firing it in your garden is likely to excite the neighbours.

I know you were joking, but taking it into a pub is just asking for trouble.

Blank firing pistols............

I have two distinct memories of blank pistols, neither good.

First one was being 14 and running round the streets and woods banging about with it. One kid said it wasn't real so I took aim at the lamp post fired (Just as a mate fired a catapult at the glass) the look on his face was priceless. Just then a bloke chased us down the road.

Second (and I still have the scars!) was being on Brighton seafront under the arches. A friend had just bought a blank and we were all huddling round to have a look. I took the gun, took the magazine out, safety on pull trigger, safety off pull trigger........ BANG. I was holding the gun in right hand with it resting in my left palm. The slide came back and the gases went straight through my middle finger on my left hand. It nearly took the top of my finger off. I ended up in hospital with them taking photos of the wound! It was clearly a gunshot wound as the area was black and charred :rolleyes:

Told my mum I had fallen over and got it caught between 2 paving slabs! It was 15 years before I confessed fully :thumbs:

I'm sorry but in my opinion Blanks are too much of a liability and teaches kids all the wrong ways of gun handling. It turns guns into toys. This get's them hurt or killed. I was just lucky!