Best 4x4 pickup double cab

utectok

The wifes car has a sezied engine so lent her my toyota hilux which she rolled on black ice!!! :( so now I find my beloved truck Is no more! Wifes fine though just a little shaken phew!!!! Anyway just wondering now What should I get for between £5k - £7k (truck not wife!) Thanks Will

Edited by utectok

The wifes car has a sezied engine so lent her my toyota hilux which she rolled on black ice!!! :( so now I find my beloved truck Is no more! Wifes fine though just a little shaken phew!!!! Anyway just wondering now What should I get for between £5k - £7k (truck not wife!) Thanks Will

much of a muchness in that budget, best value for money is the L200, then the navara and then the Hilux. I'd ignore the older rangers simply due to the fuel economy. Funnily enough there is quite a nice L200 in the sale section at the moment ;)

having looked at TD5 defender 110 doublecabs and utility spec for work I can tell you there isn't much choice in the sub£7K bracket! Not compared to the japanese market, anyway!

Hilux will hold value better but will cost more and be older for your money

a £7k Navara is going to be a D22 - engine problems on many of them!

a £7K l200 is going to be pretty good, but won't hold the value as well as the others.

Off road, fuel wise, running costs, space and reliability they are all going to be around the same I think.

L200's that budget is on the break between new and old model, gets you a lot with the old style or not so much with a new one.

I paid 6K for a mint 05 plate with 60K and full history, similar hilux's were closer to 8.5K plus navaras were a bit cheaper but not much, looking for a new shape even the 06 plates were the thick end of 10K.

As for depreciation well I'd prefer it depreciated from 6k rather than 10 :yes:

**** son wish I had that gold to spend.

Personally I'd forget any newer 4x4 they are more hassle than they are worth.

If you are set on the double cab I'd get a Mark 3 Hilux

bloody good one should cost about 3K

then you have 4k to Improve or generally run it

or a combination of the above

but thats just me thow but food for thought.

Edited by masterzone2

I have 54 plate L200 full service history, engine mashed, took it in for recon engine to be fitted and garage was fitting 8 other l200's with engines. I have two mates with L200 who also

have had to have new engines.

Mitsubishi are aware of these engines being weak around the crank

Is this just with the older models or the new 2o10 plus models aswell cause i was thinking of getting one

This one?

He says

"Hi Will, here goes. The reg of the car is DVO5 VUK. mileage is about 73,000.

Price for quick sale is £3,500 plus VAT @ 20% which makes it £4,200 inc VAT.

The vehicle is very sound mechanically & has been in all the time the company has owned it."

good deal?

ATVB

Will

Edited by utectok

thats a very good price for it, I'd check it out very carefully as that is way below list price.

As for the weak cranks etc on them its interesting as the same 4d56 engine has been fitted in shoguns, pajeros and L200's for rather a long time and you don't hear of many failures in anything else.

thats a very good price for it, I'd check it out very carefully as that is way below list price.

As for the weak cranks etc on them its interesting as the same 4d56 engine has been fitted in shoguns, pajeros and L200's for rather a long time and you don't hear of many failures in anything else.

From I think 53 reg the engines where made in a new factory and are known to be weak around crank,common problem.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Outstanding finance

Recorded againstVRMDescriptionMITUBISHI L200 4 LIFE 25Date16/04/2008Finance houseLOMBARD NORTH CENTRAL PLCFinance house telephone0845 877 8888Agreement referenceAV64000552Agreement typeLease The vehicle is owned by a Leasing / Hire Company and ownership will not pass to you unless the finance is settled.

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm::huh:

Not at all sure now!

Approach the owner and find out - when I bought a car a few years ago for £18000, it still had finance against it - so on purchase day I sat down with the owner, rang the finance firm and paid them £16000 odd by card and paid him the balance. They emailed us confirmation that they no longer had an interest in the vehicle and that I was the new owner.

done!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Outstanding finance

Recorded againstVRMDescriptionMITUBISHI L200 4 LIFE 25Date16/04/2008Finance houseLOMBARD NORTH CENTRAL PLCFinance house telephone0845 877 8888Agreement referenceAV64000552Agreement typeLease The vehicle is owned by a Leasing / Hire Company and ownership will not pass to you unless the finance is settled.

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm::huh:

Not at all sure now!

is it from a dealer or privately?

Finance is easy to deal with as long as its not being sold cheap in a hope someone doesn't hpi it. Simply you arrange two payments, one for the finance company to pay off the outstanding balance and the remainder to the owner

Also dealer often buy stock at auction on 90 day finance if they sit on it close to the end of the 90 days they want rid as refinancing often means they'll make a loss on the car anyway. Be careful tho, Lombard are big asset finance company and its that time year....