Just been to buy some .22 ammo

miffy

I needed some more .22rf ammo so off i went to the gunshop to get my next batch of eley subsonics. I ended up buying a Sako quad in .17HMR.

I've taken it to the range and put a few shots through it already.

Trigger is a bit heavier than i'm used to but once that is sorted and it's been zeroed in properly i think it'll be great!!!!

I'm off out tonight so i might take it along for the ride :lol:

:lol: You dont waist anytime Miffy. The best of luck with it and post any results. :lol:

I saw it and had to have it :lol:

Heres a pic from the first trip out. Not bad considering the amount of zeroing i did with it. Trigger is **** though and definately needs sortin. I might get it shortened too.

14 rabbits in total and i would have had a fox too if i hadn't forgot the bolt from my .22/250 :*) :*) :*)

post-18-1140917403.jpg

Miffy, looks like your enjoying the Quad already,nice shooting. :lol: The trigger is very easy to adjust and winds down to a nice weight indeed. Just be careful not to wind the screw out too far as the bolt can fire on cocking if set too low. :lol:

I'm gonna get the gunsmith to the trigger when i have it shortened. I like my trigger pull to be 1 1/2 lb pull.

Just wish i had bought it sooner, the fox didn't want to play last night as it stayed at about 200 yards just looking at us. Had it come close enough it would have had a 17 grain bullet to deal with. How do the buggaz know when they are sat out of range?:lol:???

I'll not forget the bolt next time i go there so lets just hope the fox gets cocky and sits down 200 yards away again

I did look into shortening the barrel but after looking at the ballistics on varmintal I have decided to keep her standard length which offers the optimum Muzzle Velocity.

The trigger as I said, is very easy to do. Undo the two screws under the receiver and pull the action from the stock. It is a little stiff but should go complete with barrel. The small allen screw located on the front face of the trigger mechanism can then be turned out to release the pull weight. Check an adjust to the required amount, checking the bolt at the same time, its pretty obvious if you go too far as the pin will fire on cocking the bolt. Job done. :lol: If you have thread lock you could dab this on the screw to be sure it stays put.

I'll not forget the bolt next time i go there so lets just hope the fox gets cocky and sits down 200 yards away again

The fox will be use to you next time your out and as you did not fire and miss it, it will sit again, this time you will have it in your cross hairs and one dead fox. :lol:

Thats if you dont forget the bolt again. :lol: :lol:

The fox will be use to you next time your out and as you did not fire and miss it, it will sit again, this time you will have it in your cross hairs and one dead fox. ;)

Thats if you dont forget the bolt again. ???;)

Next time i'll probably forget the flippin rifle :lol:

I'll defo get him tho no worries about that!!!!!

AXE i don 't think that lopping a few inches of the barrel is goin to make that much difference to velocity, the .22 rf, .22/250 and .308 shoot perfect and handling the shorter length rimmy is easier when in the landy.

. How do the buggaz know when they are sat out of range?:lol:???

Class 1 laser rangefinder ............Under lamp conditions they work well .........In fact my manual says the poorer the light conditions the better the laser operates ??? ..............Good Tool to have in my opinion :lol:

Ive :lol:

Foxes don't have laser rangefinders :lol:;);):lol:

I had one but gave it to a friend mine as i wasn't using it. I don't like too take too much kit when i go shooting, just the basics. Rifle, ammo and lamp

. How do the buggaz know when they are sat out of range?;)???

Class 1 laser rangefinder ............Under lamp conditions they work well .........In fact my manual says the poorer the light conditions the better the laser operates ??? ..............Good Tool to have in my opinion :lol:

Ive :P

Foxes don't have laser rangefinders :lol:;):lol::lol:

I had one but gave it to a friend mine as i wasn't using it. I don't like too take too much kit when i go shooting, just the basics. Rifle, ammo and lamp

It's been a long day :*)

Dyslexia is setting in I think :P

Every one likes a smart **** :o

Ive :lol: