slugs for foxes

BERETTA687

hello. im new to shooting and have been asked to do a bit of pest control by a farmer. he wants me to get rid of some foxes. i would like some info on what to kill them with? i wil be using a shot gun and calling them in with my friend who is an experienced lamper with lurchers but not with shooting them.

i would like to know what to shoot at them at short ranges . i think a slug would work? can i fire a slug out of my fixed choke smooth barelled beretta 687? and if so what cartridges do you recomend, what brands? sorry if i am confusing , as i say im only new to shooting and would aprecciate any help. many thanks.

Forget the slug, way too powerful for short range.

Use 1's or BB's in the first barrel and AAA's in the second (magnum or 36g, make sure your gun will take them)

1/4 and 1/2 or 1/4 and 3/4 if possible, max range 40yds, make sure your quarry is definetly a fox and try to shoot down into a safe backstop NEVER over a brow of a hill, these cartridges will travel much farther than say a 6 shot.

Safety is top priority, IF YOUR NOT SURE ABOUT ANY ASPECT DON'T SHOOT

If you fire a big steel ball at foxes then you may end up dead.End of story.

If you alter any ammunition to a purpose it was not intended for then you will either(in order of least importance)burst your gun,lose an appendage(hand or arm),DIE.Oh by the way you may also do something similar to the person next to you,and if you don`t die then they will sue you for negligence,for which you will not be insured and will be likely to lose your job,home........

The limit in the UK is minimum 6(in number) shot in a cartridge otherwise it is classed as a firearm and if you don`t have it on your ticket it will be an offence.

So........was it steel or lead,by the way it doesn`t matter.......see above

I think Henry the lead shot must not have a diameter of no more than 9.3mm. But not too sure

Does anyone know ?

Jonno