Ricky Gervais

AVB

I got Ricky Gervais' 'Live IV Science' DVD for Christmas. Being home alone here I settled down to watch it last night. What a pile of poo.

Not funny at all. I didn't even break into a smile let alone actually laugh. His attempt at humour was very vulgar and very insulting. Some comedians can get away with that and still be funny but he wasn't.

I saw the review of it in the times, and their summary was along the lines that charming comedians can pull off "nasty, rude and insulting" but lesser comedians can't - they just come over as being nasty, rude and insulting and leave the viewer thinking that they are just nasty, rude and insulting all the time.

Not a fan of Ricky Gervais, the only funny thing he was involved in to my mind was the "An Idiot Abroad" series.

He's just not very easy to like.

I saw the review of it in the times, and their summary was along the lines that charming comedians can pull off "nasty, rude and insulting" but lesser comedians can't - they just come over as being nasty, rude and insulting and leave the viewer thinking that they are just nasty, rude and insulting all the time.

Not a fan of Ricky Gervais, the only funny thing he was involved in to my mind was the "An Idiot Abroad" series.

He's just not very easy to like.

Want this the film on tele last night? He was awful - overated

I found his efforts at the golden globes hilarious, partly how badly some jokes went and just the lack of sense of humour the crowd had.

As Munger says, by far the best thing he has been part of was Idiot Abroad, even then his laugh irritated me. He was very good in Ghost Town and The Invention of Lieing.

Wasn't aware he was involved with LACS - thats pretty disappointing.

Edited by dunganick

Is it just me or has he seriously got a "punch me face and expression"?

Whilst I've found some of the stuff he's been involved in in the past somewhat amusing, at times, his stand up and ad lib stuff is pants.

Based on his recent publicity in the US I am left thinking "An idiot abroad" is most apt.

The Office was complete gold however its worth noting that it was Gervais and Merchant writing material - I imagine that Gervais was more of a 'actor' than producer. Also, don't forget the supporting actors - the two sales reps who were brilliant

Gervais on his own is a complete tool - not even slightly funny, just annoying.

Overated, he was on one of those Royal type concerts a while ago I think during golden jubilee (might have been the Diana tribute thing) anyway he was asked to fill during a delay and absolutely died because he's not funny and had no material he could rely on.

Overated in my opinion, i did enjoy the Office but mostly the other characters

Edited by Dr W

Never could work out what everyone was raving about when The Office was on tv.Initially i genuinly thought it was a fly on the wall documentory with a really annoying bloke (Gervais).I still dont find his disco dancing bit funny either despite it getting voted in various comedy polls.

Edited by Imperfection