RAT shooting

Anthony

I have got my FAC and just had my BSA Superten .22 Power uprated to 30flbs

and a real thrill to shoot with. I also have done my first ever proper rat control job,I was trembling with these ft long rats feeding off game feed left out (can't think why) with rats never shot at before and not very shy they came right up to me and I zapped them with my AA s410. They had little chance with my confidence on accuracy. Whenever I took the light off the barn all I could hear was the chilling sound of rustling, screaching and scurrying. I got 17 in ten minutes. but much prefer an evening stalking Rabbits

<_< Hi anthony its a wonder the pellets did not go straight through the rats i use a webly raider at 12 pounds and a lot of times the pellets go straight through make shure you have some strong gloves on ive had two visits to the local hospital for tetnus jabs [good hunting?]

Have a look at the rat shooting topic below -

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...4&t=747&hl=rats

If you are using your uprated air rifle on the rats, I would question the wisdom of this. An uprated airgun can give potentially dangerous ricochet, and there is the likelihood of doing damage to roofs and fittings, not to mention stray pellets being dangerous over a long distance. I find that 12ftlb is probably even a bit much for ratting in barns, and my mate has downgraded his to about 9ftlbs specially for that purpose to protect the fittings.

If you are doing the pest control for profit, you should ensure that you have suitable insurance.

• 2 weeks later...