Sportsman too busy

al4x

Having had good service here the few times I've ordered I have now hit a wall, and it appears they are too busy with their online orders to bother sending them out. Having waited 4 days I called to be told it was going out that day 48hr delivery but delayed because they are so busy. After a week the same story and really I ought to chase them today but really dealing with a couldn't be ***** attitude really annoys me. So a little heads up to anyone thinking of ordering they are so snowed under they can't send things out at the moment :/

Plenty of people after a job if they want to take on extra staff to ease the burden :P

Saying that though I ordered twenty pounds worth of parts from Brocock Ltd on the 14th January on a next day recorded delivery and have just phoned them for the third time to see if they have any news.

I think for some busnisses taking the money is now more inportant than customer service.

Ordered from them about 10 days ago. Total pain in the backside. The lady on the phone was just simply rude and a total waste of time. 1/2 my order was out of stock, even though it was showing as in stock on the website. My friend placed an order at the same time and with one item being out of stock they sent through an alternative that cost £10 less without notifying him of this or issuing a refund! It wasn't until he noticed and phoned them that he got his refund! That fills me with confidence in them!!!! :hmm:

They've got some great offers, but the offers are only any good if you can actually get your hands on the products! Which is, sadly, doubtful.

Snipe.

Alex

sorry to hear about your woes but I have found them excellent, I know the two owners very well and often deal with Gary and have never had a problem, however most of my stuff I direct through one person and this seems to be the key, I have bought several guns etc always dealing with him, built up a relationship etc and now only have to pick up a phone and he sorts anything straight away, and this has included driving 50 miles to meet me to sort out a problem,

so if you can invest the time in getting to know someon there it pays off,

Like this sight there are many tyre kickers out there who must drive them mad

doc

If you know them Doc its worth having a word, they have the products and the website but things like this aren't good. Bearing in mind it was two items and they did have them no arguments with that they weren't able to co ordinate packing them into a box and sending out for 8 days.

I usually support businesses and the only reason this one got me miffed was calling them after 4 days to hear they were behind and it would be with me by a certain day was fine, ringing the day after that to be lied to about it was another. It did also highlight they have no real system to track orders internally so they couldn't actually tell me what was going on. Mailorder is highly competitive and if you look at the good guys like John Norris etc you place an order and it is with you next day, if they could sort that they would have one hell of a good business. telling customers porkies isn't a good way to carry on these days

Hi,

I don't actually know but I can imagine that keeping a website current with stock continually on the move could be a tad difficult at times. Obviously, a site continually inaccurate is worse than useless. The buyer is chuffed that there's stock until he places a order and then finds there's not. On the other hand, because of the known problems this outfit has with forcasting delivery dates for out of stock items potential customers may go elsewhere. I know there are rifles on the shelf in Exeter which are not reflected on their website. A previous post mentioned Litts and I can see unless they're careful, this lot could also implode. This would be a shame as the Exeter shop is a very pleasant environment and with a superb range of products.

Cheers

I think they are unlikely to fold, They are doing very well in the currant climate. People have to get it into there head they are not a corner gunsmith and dont offer that sort of service,

The stock they carry is phenomenal and if you want something at a good if not best price then they are the place to go, call Bert at the Dorset store he is brilliant, best gun knowledge of anybody I know and as honest as the day is long.

Tell him I sent you :whistling:

(Dorset not Devon :blush: )

Edited by docholiday

I think they are unlikely to fold,They are doing very well in the currant climate. People have to get it into there head they are not a corner gunsmith and dont offer that sort of service,

The stock they carry is phenomenal and if you want something at a good if not best price then they are the place to go, call Bert at the Devon store he is brilliant, best gun knowledge of anybody I know and as honest as the day is long.

Tell him I sent you :whistling:

Are you sure you dont mean Bert at Dorset? or is there another Bert in Exeter that I dont know?

And I also heard the original shop in Torbay, with the fishing tackle is due to close soon. But I think Exeter and Dorset are safe. The buying of Litts hit them very hard.

I have dealt with Gary in his previous job ;) and Me and a couple of pals were given the tour of the sportsmans when it firsy opened, Gary is ok if you catch Him - but in my opinion the majority of the sales staff talk carp, dont bother calling you back/order things that they said they had - really poor service, and Stuart is the biggest berk that I know. The way the staff treat people isnt great and they could end up like Litts unless they change sharpish.

I use them when prices are good - but if a local store (Ladds) can match prices, which they often do - thats where I spend my cash, better advice and a good lot to deal with ( Mike & Tom and tar mac :good: ).

Edited by Hot-Shot

I have dealt with Gary in his previous job ;) and Me and a couple of pals were given the tour of the sportsmans when it firsy opened, Gary is ok if you catch Him - but in my opinion the majority of the sales staff talk carp, dont bother calling you back/order things that they said they had - really poor service, and Stuart is the biggest berk that I know. The way the staff treat people isnt great and they could end up like Litts unless they change sharpish.

I use them when prices are good - but if a local store (Ladds) can match prices, which they often do - thats where I spend my cash, better advice and a good lot to deal with ( Mike & Tom and tar mac :good: ).

Not to mention the one in the middle (well, a bit nearer the sportmans really) which is as doc described, "a corner gunsmith" (it really is). Thing is, they've been doing it for a long time and know which way is up.

Cheers

I have been to, and purchased from Dorchester and Exeter, and Newport "Litts" days still owe me £400. :angry::angry:

By way of customer service I have been far from satisfied at either store.

Nevertheless, I did my homework before I went and had a good look round in what seems to be about the closest thing we have to a gun supermarket in the UK (Exeter), and Dorchester is far from small.

I did the right deals in the end! :good::good:

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

The Question arrises.... do you go to ASDA for the astonishing background knowledge, gripping conversation, and quality of service from the Saturday Student Part Timer or do you know what you are after and just want the best prices??

Sadly, it seems in this day and age it is not often you will get both! :no::no::no:

I heard a whisper today that Newport could well be closin this year,,,,

That's has been rumoured for months (since they bought it) there were 3 i think years left on the lease so that will be the key....

The buying of Litts hit them very hard.

Well if you call buying several Million worth of stock for a knock down price it did....

I have personally only dealt with the Newport store since sportsman bought it, never had bad service, and have had good service. They are busy, but have always helped, offered advice and been polite.

That's has been rumoured for months (since they bought it) there were 3 i think years left on the lease so that will be the key....

Well if you call buying several Million worth of stock for a knock down price it did....

I have personally only dealt with the Newport store since sportsman bought it, never had bad service, and have had good service. They are busy, but have always helped, offered advice and been polite.

But if you sale that stock at a knock down price, then you havent got the customers coming through the door after its gone,,,, A lot of that stock was shipped round to the other stores. I dont know what they paid and how much it has returned :hmm:

Edited by Dempy