whats the best all round air rifle priced £200-£300

jmclark

I have a hw 57 bought 3 weeks ago,unfortunatly i have lost the land i shot over,so its up for sale with a 3=9x40 scope,it cost £257 new,you can have it for £200,Ho its a 22,and in exellent condition,live around neath the dulais valley to be exact.so not to far to pembroke.look at the reviews on this rifle its no shirker.

Cheers guys, been looking at a bsa ultra or scorpion, which one do you think is better? Still doing my research before i buy! id rather get the right gun first time, than go out and just buy any1! cheers

I used to have a BSA Hornet in 22 which was the forunner to the Ultra. Brilliant gun, built like a tank, as all BSA's are but I couldn't get on with the MMC button on the front. It was just personal and nothing to do with the rifle. It still got a lot of bunnies all the same. I traded it in after about a year for an AA S410. Much more suitable to me.

Try as many as you can before you make a decision and best of luck.

I shouldn't buy any PCP with this budjet personally, least of all if your a long way from a charge up. Once you have forked out for the filling gear it leaves too little for a scoped up gun. There is a lot of people about who think PCP is more accurate - IT IS NOT, however it is easier to learn to shoot but actually less consistant shot to shot than a good springer. Personally it would be a second hand TX or HW in tidy condtion and the very best scope and mount you can run to without going too big

Why? coz you will get thousands of shots before you even need think of a service, it won't leak and loose all its puff unexpectantly, will withstand rough weather better, will always be ready to go and will teach you too shoot well

Hmm. Agreed. I am a newbie and I am still learning to correct many mistakes, handling especially, as the recoil exaggerates holding and trigger faults. Well, on me it does :huh: . At HFT comps the sporting class requires good shot to shot consistency. I entered one at Newbury and my score was pants :blush: Best way to learn though eh?!

Would people agree that learning to fire a springer at a club, accurately and consistently ...and safely... is probably the best entry level platform before moving on to other disciplines? Dicky