Primos Power crow call

walker

The Primos call is, in my opinion, one of the best callers on the market. Many people say that it's useless, mainly because they have'nt a clue how to use it.

I have used one for years, and can honestly say that I have mastered the art of using one. PW members who have been shooting crows with me will testify how good the caller is, when used properly.

You make a 'grrrr' sound when blowing the caller, and by altering the strength of your bite, it will produce a higher or lower pitch.

I can call crows, jackdaws and rooks, using the Primos. I highly recommend this caller.

Steve.

The Primos call is, in my opinion, one of the best callers on the market. Many people say that it's useless, mainly because they have'nt a clue how to use it.

I have used one for years, and can honestly say that I have mastered the art of using one. PW members who have been shooting crows with me will testify how good the caller is, when used properly.

You make a 'grrrr' sound when blowing the caller, and by altering the strength of your bite, it will produce a higher or lower pitch.

I can call crows, jackdaws and rooks, using the Primos. I highly recommend this caller.

Steve.

Steve, is there a difference between the green and the yellow call? I think I'll pick one up but not sure which to go for :good:

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I've recently bought a Primos Power Crow caller and think I've had some success with it, as I've had some crows seemingly make a bee line for my hide and decoys from some distance away.

However, I'm having a bit of a problem with the caller but it is probably something I'm doing wrong with it. Sometimes when I use it I just get a squeak and other times no noise comes out, I tap it regularly to get rid of any moisture that might be stopping the reed from vibrating but that doesn't always cure the problem.

This probably seems like a daft question but there's a short rubber tube around the black mouth piece, should that actually be in situ when I use the caller?

I've looked on the Primos website and googled 'using the Primos caller' without joy.

Has anyone any ideas please?

Leave the rubber in situ, and when you go to use it, you must try and make a 'grrrr' sound. By biting on the rubber, you can adjust the pitch of the call. I use mine to good effect, which a few PW member's on here can testify.

I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's and Rook's.

I can highly recommend these callers. I've used them for many years with great success.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started using a Johnny Stewart Crow Caller and I have to say that I am quite impressed with it. :good:

I used to have an "ACME" but I wasnot impressed with it for calling crows, it sounded more like Donald Duck with laringitis! :lol:

I use the woodHaven Custom call and find it 100% better then the Primos one

ok as been said do get full of spit

but can be cleaned fast

http://www.woodhavencustomcalls.com/Commerce/SearchResults.aspx

type crow call into the search box

Is this the one for £39.99?! I can use my Primos with excellent results, so will stick to it. Each to their own though.