Tools of the trade for ferretting

Return to the same sandy bank as sunday to try and progress and reduce the huge numbers.

Only me and Dad today makes hard work net setting ,dog was on fine form catching a good number and pinning them in the nets when we where stretched .

Once again put down over 300 purse nets with missing some less used holes and two longnets crossing the bank to try and keep the rabbits with 100 yards sections .

We covered only 100 yards again today with at two more days to cover the rest of the bank we will be out on this sunday and monday to try and finnish off.

Another 28 in under 4 hours crcking fun with only one slipping pass us .

Cheers OTH

Ferretting26thjanuary2011.jpg

Well done OTH :good::good: Your a bit good at this ferreting lark :lol::lol: so whats the tally for 2011?

Hi Turbo

Well without looking in my diary roughly 400 this month purley from ferretting and 200 in december before the cold hit. I put alot of unseen effort to get the rabbits to where we want EG stinking them out of akward areas ETC brushcutting brambles.

Cheers

I put alot of unseen effort to get the rabbits to where we want EG stinking them out of akward areas ETC

how do you mean stinking them out? I have just started to ferret with a guy from on here, and would be interested to find out how to try and get them to move to another warren. :good:

cheers, keep up the good work,

pete

I put alot of unseen effort to get the rabbits to where we want EG stinking them out of akward areas ETC

how do you mean stinking them out? I have just started to ferret with a guy from on here, and would be interested to find out how to try and get them to move to another warren. :good:

cheers, keep up the good work,

pete

Stinking out is normally done by putting rags/pine cones soaked in diesel down the holes to move the rabbits on. That's how i do it anyway :good: