live rifle licence

person22

i got my shotgun licence very easily, i dunno if it is for everyone but the firearms officer has dealt with my familys guns for years but i gather its a bit harder to get a live rifle licence? is this right? my dads got a .22 but inless im with him i have to use an air rifle and a lot of the time inless u get the bunny on its shoulder it'll run off and not only is it annoying but cruel.

Only head shots within 40 yards should be taken with a sub 12lb'r for a beginner.

I'm not saying that seasoned competent shooters can't exceed that - just as a starting point after getting consistently good results at field/paper targets first.

If they KEEP going mental when you do a head shot you aint close enough - or killing them dead enough. ???

What else do you have apart from the shottie?

Edited by Dave-G

im a good shot thats not the problem, everytime i go for a head shot they go mental and need the dog set on them

Whar kind of rifle are you using when you attempt a head shot???

What range are you shooting from when you take a head shot???

Sorry mate but it sounds like you need to stick with the targets for a while till you learn how to shoot :rolleyes: Plus you sound like a kid to me not a 20 year old! is your age on your profile right??

Edited by Sniper-Blend

I have no problems when using my non-FAC rated airguns if I get a propper head shot (behind the eye, bellow the ear), but I practice usually more then once a week, and I zero my rifles EVERYTIME before hunting. I wont take a shot at anything live untill I know I can shoot straight, and the gun can too..

Practice practice practice.. if you cant do it with an airgun, you cant do it with a rimfire. When you have mastered (or close enough) hunting with airguns, you will be a very good rimfire and centerfire hunter, as you will learn to stalk a lot closer then firearm users have to, and are restricted to a 10pence size kill zone :rolleyes: