Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

Licence just sent away yesterday to get the .22WMF &.22 pellet gun off and a .17HMR & .223 Tikka on. Sent in a couple of new permissions and was wondering how the system is now. Will the permissions hold it up any?

Licence just back today so basically 4 weeks turnaround this time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a link to the proposed changes: http://www.dojni.gov.uk/index/public-consultations/current-consultations/consult-proposals-to-vary-firearms-fees.pdf

It includes proposed fee increases etc and the justifications (in their mind) for why.

My FAC took 5 weeks from initial application to cert through the door.

Might be worth a call from yourself, seems a tad long based on recent turn arounds.

• 2 weeks later...

i rang about my application before the twelfth holidays, was told it was on a senior members desk for last approval. i phoned last Monday to be told the same story. i just can't fathom how it can sit on one persons desk for a month plus. if the fees go up some folk would need to start earning their corn up there .beginning to think they Sat and watched the Olympics this past month

I posted mine next day special delivery , it costs a few quid but it defo did the trick. I was shocked when i phoned the missus and she said there was a letter from the police, I thought it was just the (weve received your application for a variation Blah Blah) but it was an approval letter, 5 days is brilliant.

i rang about my application before the twelfth holidays, was told it was on a senior members desk for last approval. i phoned last Monday to be told the same story. i just can't fathom how it can sit on one persons desk for a month plus. if the fees go up some folk would need to start earning their corn up there .beginning to think they Sat and watched the Olympics this past month

I heard that if you ring asking about your application it goes to the bottom of the pile again. Maybe not true, but you never know. Two friends of mine, one of which was in for a variation and the other an initial grant, had their certificates returned within 4 weeks quite recently. Seems to be inconsistent at the minute. No doubt a lot of people are off this time of the year though for holidays etc.

• 2 months later...