Ringing the farmer ?!?

The Pest Expert

Heelllooo people you may think its quite a stupid post but thought i would see what you guys think .....

:look: :hmm::/

i have two farms i shoot.. one is a packed with birds in and out all day the other isnt really much about cause some one else shoots it so for the last couple of weeks ive been going to the better one of the two and i am free this thursday so was thinking of ringing him tomorro and asking if i can go up on my day off thursday but i dunno i was there on saturday and what if me ringing him every week will P him off i really enjoy the sport and wish i was out every day doing it like most of you but i dont wanna make him just say forget it kinda thing any ideas shall i just ring be polite and explain how i would like to shoot more often and see what he says or ??

Please help ?

Atb Jorge

another way is just go up to the farm and ask is it ok to shoot on that day or the next day that way he knows you are going to be shooting ;thats what we do on a few farms; mainly due to the fact is we do the recon 1 or 2 days before hand so we know its worth a crack at them;then knock on the farm door and say theres hundreds on the rape and we are going to have a go normally the farmers have seen the birds on it themselves so they welcome you to have a pop at them;also they want the birds off the rape in the first place as much as possible.

All farmers are different and they each have their own way of doing things. If you normally phone before you go shooting then give him a ring and just ask. I phone the farmer on a couple of my permissions but on others they have told me not to bother phoning as Im the only one that shoots there and he would recognise my Landy. If he dosent want you to phone him every time you go he will tell you to just come and go as you please.

• 1 month later...

I use to work on a farm, wasnt into shooting then and typical has more then enough shooter at the moment, But be honest with them mate I think... Call him tmz and say Your really enjoying the sport and say, would you rather i call eachtime i come up or would you rather i didnt and just stayed in certain fields and ask him which ons... orr say what days can i come up e.g mon wed fri and go every time and if you cant make it call him if he prefers it that way! Just ask him what he likes!

Edited by Beretta Italy

Just rang him and spoke to him he said he's fine with me calling him and he said there's not many pigeons about but a few rabbits so gunna go up thursday and have a look.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Jb

Good man, too any of you lads, always let us farmers know, even if we say Naaaaa yr all right! A text is great as were pants at remembering and if the weather changes we change our work plans accordingly so the field you were going lamping in may suddenly have a lit up fastrac and plough in it!!

Farmers are strange creatures. Personally I am a miserable sod and wouldn't give permission in the first place. :lol:

Others find the job lonely and enjoy the call as a bit of contact with the outside world.

Of course there is also everybody that falls between those extremes.

Point being that there is no one answer to the question.

Hope you enjoy the day. :good:

• 1 month later...