hypa flap decoys

mr benelli

Mine flap or not depending on how bashed they are the length of nylon behind the wings etc can't say it matters a how flappy they are a jot! They flap best on 6 mm steel Rods with a bend on the end as bouncers! Have two for that and two on the motor.

Edited by utectok

Hi Everyone, am I the only one having problems with these in the high winds? I lost count of the amount of times I had to get out of the hide on Friday, the wings on the flappers just kept turning over and not flapping at all, it must have been pretty bad as it snapped one of the rods. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with high winds?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Everyone, am I the only one having problems with these in the high winds? I lost count of the amount of times I had to get out of the hide on Friday, the wings on the flappers just kept turning over and not flapping at all, it must have been pretty bad as it snapped one of the rods. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with high winds?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael, I had exactly the problem on Saturday and gave up in the end, when one rod came flying out and was lost to the field!! I think they are pretty much a no go in high winds......well pretty much a no go for me full stop as I have never been able to attract pigeons with them, birds always flare off at about 70-80 yards out!! So I think they will now be left to gather dust in the garage :hmm:

In strong winds the hypaflaps can become hypaflops as they turn back on to the wind the wing folds over on itself.

The length of the line that goes wing to body can be shortend to help, also speeding up the magnet so as the back on wind is matched by the magnet speed but only to the point where it doesnt look like an air sea rescue copter.

If the wind is that strong i use the hypaflaps on bouncers, real birds on a magnet in strong winds do not seem to suffer as badly as hypas .

ive looked on both sites for replacement rods can anyone point me in the right direction please :good:

dm

Call site sponsors, UKShootwarehouse, there is only one size available now, they don't do both sizes, a couple of £'s will get you a couple of rods, sometimes they send them free if you purchased from there depending how nice they're feeling.

In strong winds the hypaflaps can become hypaflops as they turn back on to the wind the wing folds over on itself.

The length of the line that goes wing to body can be shortend to help, also speeding up the magnet so as the back on wind is matched by the magnet speed but only to the point where it doesnt look like an air sea rescue copter.

If the wind is that strong i use the hypaflaps on bouncers, real birds on a magnet in strong winds do not seem to suffer as badly as hypas .

yes i totaly agree with you, on the friday of them strong winds, they were totaly useless untill i transfered my two hypaflaps to two steel rods about 34" in lenght, faced them into the wind each side of the pattern, and they flapped for england and never missed a beet,it was a total waist of time on the magnet,the pigeons that come realy decoyed well,so well in fact, that CERBERUS who was whith me said, he was going to buy two, and for any one that nows him THEY MUST BE GOOD DECOYS!

Edited by mr benelli

I have found them good on boncers, as for one flapping and one not, I just find that they werent quite set the same a bit of set up by taking the arm of the rotary and sitting it along side the other you can match the angle better then they both work fine.

as for high winds never really tried them in those conditions.

but they are light wait work well until you have dead birds for the rotary if you are like me and don't have room for a freezer for dead bird decoy storage.

:good:

Hi Michael, I had exactly the problem on Saturday and gave up in the end, when one rod came flying out and was lost to the field!! I think they are pretty much a no go in high winds......well pretty much a no go for me full stop as I have never been able to attract pigeons with them, birds always flare off at about 70-80 yards out!! So I think they will now be left to gather dust in the garage :hmm:

batch, if you want to sell yours, i am your man, can always use to more, its a shame to let them gather dust!!! :good:

Edited by mr benelli

:good:

batch, if you want to sell yours, i am your man, can always use to more, its a shame to let them gather dust!!! :good:

Ah mate, I would have given them to you if my numbnut of a brother hadn't of placed them at the bottom of my holdal, then placed the magnet straight on top :o I know I wasn't too chuffed with them, but think he was taking the **** a bit!!!

As they say, necessity is the mother of all invention, today one of the rods on the flapper broke whilst out on the field :-( what to do? I had a look around and could not find anything that was just right but then !!!!! Eureka !!! I took the windscreen wiper off the car, slid out the rubber from the holder, either side of the rubber are steel rods, light strong and just the job :-) back in business in no time.

• 1 month later...

Maybe i can use this post to ask a question about the Hypa flaps.

Long time no see btw! :)

Question : the manual that comes with the hypa flaps is just a bad copy with some pictures i do not understand.

Is there a video or somthing on how to assemble the hypa flaps?

thanks