New Coat

A.R.P.

I HAVE FOUND DEERHUNTER GEAR TO BE EXCELLENT, NOT ONLY IS IT FAIRLY PRICED, IT ALSO PERFORMS WELL.

OUR GEAR GETS A GREAT DEAL OF WEAR AND TEAR. THE DEERHUNTER COAT I USE ALL THE TIME IS STILL GOING STRONG AFTER 3 YEARS.

By the way I have no connections whatsoever with deerhunter...

ALL THE VERY BEST...

GARY...

Why not try www.cabelas.com they are in america but sell a wide range of clothing for very reasonable prices i know a couple of people who have ordered ther products and are very happy with what they recived you can order a free cataloge from the website with all the gear in expect about 15 days wait for the cataloge once you have asked for one.

most of the stuff in there still works out cheaper once you add on the p&p than if you went out and bought one from you local gun shop.

I bought my MT50 jacket from Cabelas 3 years ago I wear it all through the goose shooting season and all my winter pigeon season about 150 days in total, it is washed every 2 to 3 weeks and it is still as good as the day I bought it. it cost me $199.00 plus £30.00 import duty.

Compare this with a sportchief jacket I used for 1 year at a cost of £280.00 and at the end was washed to a plain brown colour and let more water in than it kept out.

A lot of the keepers up here use the Kammo gear and they swear by it.

Kammo will send you samples of the materials they use.

The chap I mentioned in another topic had a plain colour SL Field coat from them and swears by it for keeping dry.

Their Advantage type cammo material does not appear (by their own literature)to be quite as waterproof or as tough as their DPM material but seems to be tougher than that of the Deerhunter Ram Jacket that I bought recently and already has a small tear in it. It could have been there from new, but only just noticed it, that small.

The Deerhunter material would be a little quieter than the Kammo material, I would think.

The Deerhunter Montana appears to be on a par with the Sportchief for warmth but is a little shorter than both the DH Ram and the Sportchief.

The DH Ram has a padded stud-on portion for sitting on.

The Kammo coats are about £100.00 more expencive than the Deerhunters.

I've not been out in a real downpour in my Ram yet!!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a John Norris catalogue with the shooting times this week.

There is jacket by Scierra Clothing that is made from aquatex, the same stuff as the Sportchief, I think.

prod722.jpg

It's in grey only, just right for creeping up on wildfowl at night and costs £99.99. No mention of a lining or insulation.

Customs don't charge you for items less than £20 as it's not worth the paperwork for them. Often you can get much more valuable items and they still won't bother.

Custom charges are usually about 5% depending on what category the item falls into, plus 17 1/2% VAT on the whole lot. You can look it up on the customs website. You pay this to the Post Office when you collect the item. I think the Post Office also add a handling charge.