Glastonbury

throbbingfinger

I popped in that bit in 2009 and a mate of mine's parents had paid for one £15,000 in total, plus the helicopter to get them there and back :opps:

I'm just going as a paying raver, I don't work there. Still need to pay for my tickets, but they're not released until April

Edited by Billy.

I'll be there with the lass. Not sure if we'll be there from Wednesday morning or save two days holiday and get there Thursday night. Looking good for U2 this year! Not so keen on the other probable headliners though.

I just know that even if you saw one band play, there's so much else going on that you're never bored.

I love the little tents which you can hop into and sit around with the band and listen.

Shangri la in 2009 was amazing. We were the first people in the hot tub and had 6 bottles of champagne for about £50. Followed by a huge pillow fight with about 50 other people in a room with three huge beds. Oohherrrr

When I'm back home I'll post some pics I took at Glasto, as the people, views and attractions are unbelievable!

Edited by Billy.

Where abouts do you work there mate? Im in the hospitality area.

2009 i worked the orange car park searching people and vehicles....on day shift so was able to go out afterwards...

I just know that even if you saw one band play, there's so much else going on that you're never bored.

I love the little tents which you can hop into and sit around with the band and listen.

Shangri la in 2009 was amazing. We were the first people in the hot tub and had 6 bottles of champagne for about £50. Followed by a huge pillow fight with about 50 other people in a room with three huge beds. Oohherrrr

When I'm back home I'll post some pics I took at Glasto, as the people, views and attractions are unbelievable!

I ended up working shangri La on the monday morning...never again :lol::no:

Have tickets gone on sale yet? I have never been before but the titp line up is pretty **** so who knows :P

Missed the boat by about 4 months mate. Mine are on preorder through a record label, so I go through another route to get mine.

There's a list you can join to get on the leftovers, but you're joining the masses.

Edited by Billy.

The 'silly money' ones don't really exist any more. Your registration is all done with photos so you can't transfer the ticket. If you've not been to Glasto or the like, you'd be amazed at the security that's put in place. Just swapping your ticket for a wristband and then getting through the initial security is an effort.

The late batch are all the same price. You'll just have to put your name down for them.

The second lot go on sale march April time I think.

Because of where I work there I just rock up and get given my wristbands and ticket.

From what I've seen about who's playing I'm not as in to it this year but still really looking forward to it. Beyonce doesn't really do it for me!

My wife normally comes with me but can't come this year. When I told her betonce might be playing she had a fit, she's mad about her. As long as there's some decent guitar music I don't really care who's playing.

Im not really in to the Shangra La area but some of the people I work with go there everynight and say it gets going about midnight. I'm normally tucked up in my bed by then.

From what I remember at 3am ish in Shangri la it was banging in one of the tents. No idea how I got back, as it was a good 30 minute stumble back to my tent. :lol:

I was well against JZ, but he was actually pretty decent on stage at Glasto. Maybe he'll show his missus how to rock the place a bit. (still not a fan though)

So where am I meeting you lot this year? Stone Circle? I'll bring the laughing gas and a bag of green :lol:

The 'silly money' ones don't really exist any more. Your registration is all done with photos so you can't transfer the ticket. If you've not been to Glasto or the like, you'd be amazed at the security that's put in place. Just swapping your ticket for a wristband and then getting through the initial security is an effort.

The late batch are all the same price. You'll just have to put your name down for them.

Forgot about that!:lol:

The second lot go on sale march April time I think.

Because of where I work there I just rock up and get given my wristbands and ticket.

From what I've seen about who's playing I'm not as in to it this year but still really looking forward to it. Beyonce doesn't really do it for me!

My wife normally comes with me but can't come this year. When I told her betonce might be playing she had a fit, she's mad about her. As long as there's some decent guitar music I don't really care who's playing.

Im not really in to the Shangra La area but some of the people I work with go there everynight and say it gets going about midnight. I'm normally tucked up in my bed by then.

Thanks! :good: