Why do you mods keep deleting my for sale posts?

colsy

I expect it is because I advertised the gun last month..and is still in the classified pages?? Yes? Right, my for sale topic is now on page 6/7 due to it being a month old...yet the gun is still for sale. There are sold guns I.e. Topics that are no longer relevant...because the item is no longer for sale!! on earlier pages. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the no bump rule which prevents active topics from appearing first is NOT in the interest of forum users....why do you mods think it's acceptable to have topics where guns have sold still clogging up pages of directories meaning users have to filter page after page to find active/relevant topics!! Us sellers struggle to gain interest on older topics. Come on PWF...get with the times. Please at least justify your self before you delete this post and tell me why you continually delete my posts and also what you would rather me do.

Cheers, I would bump it if bumping brought topics to the forefront of the directory LIKE ALL OTHER FORUMS I AM A MEMBER OFF (which are of a vast diversity >30 might I add)instead, the topic reamins in date created order..not last updated order...these guys here are very much stuck in their ways and behind times. Do we need a poll to review this? Remember..forums serve the users....and should not be steered by the interests of those that up keep them...either do it right (I appriciate it is a time consuming role) or leave it to others to do right.

Maybe the gun is just overpriced or not that interesting.

The sales section is extremely buoyant and there are enough people out there with money waiting and room in the cabinets.

At the end of the day, if it's not selling, just admit defeat. I tried to sell a really nice gun on here once, but couldn't shift it because I wasn't willing to sell it below a certain price.

If you're that desperate to sell it, advertise it in your signature. That's every post you ever made now advertising your gun.

Remember..forums serve the users....and should not be steered by the interests of those that up keep them...either do it right (I appriciate it is a time consuming role) or leave it to others to do right.

Remind me again, how much do we pay to access this service?

LOL, yea I have got a bee in my bonet I agree..just letting of steam. This is the only shooting forum I'm a member of. others are motorbikes, fishing ect ect the list goes on. Jason, I'm not sure what you said it true, the topic wont shift within the for sale directory (at least I don't think it will)...it might show on the overall list of updated topics...which might not be being viewed by people specifically looking for guns for sale, hanks for your input though. I'm not trying to be an *******.I just want to understand..maybe it's me missing the point...oh and all the other forums...LOL

It's free, it's not perfect but it's free. Stop bloody whinging. I've sold and bought plenty of stuff on the forum and I'm glad of the service offered by PW, for free (did I mention that already?).

I'm afraid I'm with YP on this one. Just live with it, I'm pretty sure you can re-advertise after 21 days anyhow.

The Terms and Conditions of the Trading Post are clearly posted at the top of the section.

They have been developed over time and that very busy section runs efficiently.

I will avoid saying. if you don't like the T&C's then do not advertise your items there, as that may offend you.

Advertisements in signatures are not permitted.

What we pay,,more specifically what we don't pay is not the point. Monetary or other, there is some gain for those involved..our participaion sustains that gain, and for it we expect a good (logical) service.

That is probably the biggest load of **** I have ever seen posted on this Forum.

What we pay,,more specifically what we don't pay is not the point. Monetary or other, there is some gain for those involved..our participaion sustains that gain, and for it we expect a good (logical) service.

Thats from some one who has been a member for nearly 3 years with 45 posts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by hawkeye

The rules do make sense as some members may keep over-price guns kicking around at the top of the lists for weeks thus clogging it up for new sellers. I don't think 21 days to wait is too bad, a bit frustrating maybe, but as far as i can see if anyone is desperate to sell something they will price it to sell fast.

I think I'm being more than fair with the price of that gun. I'm not out to rip anyone of. I appriciate things are only worth what buyers are willing to pay...you don't find that out until you test the water. I'll say it again, I'm not trying to be an ******** I just want an explantion of the rule. If we all ecepted things because they are so, we would still be living in caves...