SGC renewal refused

hunters_return

BTW: His son is 23 and it was mentioned that it was not only him but the ppl he hangs around with, that are the problem.

He for obvious reasons can only see one side of the argument. Myself I can see both sides and although it causes grief for him and me, I would rather that than somthing go wrong.

Maybe thats part of the problem.

Over 20yrs ago I got into a spot of bother whilst still living at home (nothing too serious) and my old man went bonkers, gave me a real hard time over it.

Then I started hanging around with a couple of people that were up to no good and he decided enough was enough and it was time I moved out.

Best thing he ever did, it forced me to get a grip of reality, grow up and stop being an idiot. Once you're out in the real world having to work and pay your own bills it puts a different perspective on life.

I have three kids myself now and I'd do the same.

If this chap can't see any wrong in his boy and thinks its all unfair then maybe thats why the FEO has taken the opinion he has?

Edited by Alfred

Maybe thats part of the problem.

Over 20yrs ago I got into a spot of bother whilst still living at home (nothing too serious) and my old man went bonkers, gave me a real hard time over it.

Then I started hanging around with a couple of people that were up to no good and he decided enough was enough and it was time I moved out.

Best thing he ever did, it forced me to get a grip of reality, grow up and stop being an idiot. Once you're out in the real world having to work and pay your own bills it puts a different perspective on life.

I have three kids myself now and I'd do the same.

If this chap can't see any wrong in his boy and thinks its all unfair then maybe thats why the FEO has taken the opinion he has?

Too right! When I lived at home I was bigger and stronger than my old man, I never got cracked or owt growing up, and I tell you what, in wouldn't of dared to bring any trouble to the house! He'd of battered me!!

Lob him out into the real world! Everyone gets in trouble (except those gay lords reading this saying 'I didn't') at some point or another, but bringing it home so the police know you is another thing!

sign of the times im am afraid.when I was a youngster I lived and worked on the family farm shotguns were a part of everyday life yet I was not allowed to even look at them until I was in my late teens,i had respect for my parents and grand parents we did what we were told would never dream of doing anything to bring disgrace to our family but today I fear we are all to easy on our children how long do we have to be responsible for them for at the age of this persons son surely he should by now be living and making his own way through life if he had to he might not have time to get into trouble.i would say put him out in the open world help him a little with finance to start with but then let him become a man on his own.my grandson was agood child and has his own sgc I gifted him two guns and all went along ok but then he left school and his attitude changed to one of arrogance and from what I can see a very aggressive young man I hope he grows out of it but in the meantime I have taken ownership of the guns back and in the next two years will be sending him to live on his own I will give him a little help in getting his first flat to rent by way of putting up his deposit but I am not prepared to have my life and my hobby destroyed by his selfish actions and I suggest the op's mate does the same for the good of all concerned

Edited by bostonmick

Getting way off topic now but I blame the culture to a large degree, you've got these clowns running around calling themselves gangsta rappers glamourising guns and violence and the government of the last 25yrs promising young people a path paved with gold if they get a degree in Manchester United or Showbiz Hairdressing from some mickey mouse university.

I'd sit this lad down and have a very honest conversation, if he wants to play on the wrong side of the fence then thats his choice, but he's bringing his old man down with him.

Its time he took responsibility for his own life and left his dad to enjoy his latter years.

And a word of caution on getting involved in it at all, it would have to be a very good friend for me to start getting involved in storing firearms for a bloke that can't control his son and his criminal friends. Personally I'd probably say sorry, I value his friendship but I'm not getting involved, it has the potential to all end in tears if he puts pressure on you to let him take a gun home for any reason and then the son gets hold of it. You'd all go down the tubes.

You've just become his personal RFD and you have to police the use of his guns.